Throttle cable and repairs

GoldenMotor.com

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida
Has anyone shortened the clutch sheathing? I don't like the look of 2 extra feet flapping in the breeze. If I pulled the inner cable and cut the sheathing to length, should I have the metal end cap re-installed?

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
That pack i got from walmart came with a whole bunch of metal end caps,but i shortened my throttle and clutch cable and sheaths without the metal end caps and still work great. Im using a brake lever for throttle and shorten the cable at the lever, the clutch cable was shortened at the clutch lever on engine. I don't like having 2 extra feet of cable for the throttle or clutch either.

So it don't matter if you put a metal cap on the end,but if you have one laying around or if you can reuse the old one go ahead.

My bike is from china, bike cables from china, engine from china, parts are as good as the installer.

Last edited:

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
that walmart cable pack is awesome for stretch choppers and tall handle bars also. I have several packs of it. wish I could have found that kind of thing when i was a kid. the memories of soaking frozen cables in used motor oil....

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
the cable should be around 47 to 48mm in length measured from the outer housing to the small retainer on the end of the throttle cable this measurement is with the other end mounted in the throttle and the throttle at idle or closed.