Worksman Custom Pic's Here

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 7, 2009
BOARDTRACKVILLE
Hello, hope all you worksman fans share your favorite Worksman Custom builds here!

My ( 2 ) favorites are forum members Das Kapitans Chrome Worksman Newsboy and,
RedB66's Worksman Newsboy / Board Track Racer!

W_BTR.

Attachments

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
I really like your vintage style bike, it looks like it's 50 years old. Great choice of colors and the brown accessories really work well for the overall look.

norwoodj

Sep 7, 2010
New Orleans
Nice tank. Is that custom? I'm researching custom tank options. I like the boardtrack tank that Imperial cycles has and Sportscar Pat has a really nice tank design too.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
This is my Newsboy I built this summer. Seat is from a 38 Elgin which I rebuilt. Made the gas tank, grips, leather tail light, front fender and rear rack copper jewel lights, copper dropstand, custom sidecar mounts. Sidecar is made from a seventeen foot Grumman canoe, cut off, narrowed and upholstered in elk hide. Pk-80 engine from Pirate, expansion exhaust from Sick Bike Parts. Bike was not quite done in the photo. I wasn't trying to make a boardtracker, but I did want an early motorcycle look and wanted it to look fast, my interpretation of an Indian that never was. The front fender light has brass filigree and glass dragonfly wings. In the Native world, dragonly is a symbol of agility and speed. As a boy my older brother said when we grew up he was going to have an Indian Motorcycle with a sidecar and I could ride in the sidecar. He grew up, forgot about it and I never grew up. So I have the Indian to ride and Aaniimoosh the wonder dog gets to ride in the sidecar. Ha!
SB

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
SB you amaze me with your bikes and "worksman-ship" very fine build.

Post some more pictures of that bike!!

CCC

Thank you for your complimentary words. Sometimes we have a picture of a build in our heads that doesn't match up well with the way things actually turn out. I put a lot into this one because it was the first bike activity after losing everything in a fire last spring. A number of good people here helped me pick myself up again and that bike was my way of recognizing what was given materially and in spirit by a lot of people. So I put everything I could into that bike. Not much money maybe, but a lot of effort and the results were better than I hoped for. I still like looking at it as it pleases my eye. And that canoe sidecar which started out as a screwy idea looks better than a beat up old canoe has any right to look. I got a lot of help on the sidecar from my friend Fasteddy. The whole build including a how to on the sidecar is here...
http://motorbicycling.com/f38/firebird-silverbears-worksman-cruiser-20529.html
...lots of pictures and some other how to's.
SB