Loss of tension through clutch lever??

GoldenMotor.com

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I had noticed on Friday when i went to work my 48cc Grubee skyhawks clutch lever (thumb control) barly any tension on it. I hopped off and could push the lever in quite easily with a finger, it starts and runs perfectly. What"s with that??

Something must have happened on the way home the previous night, its 35 miles return trip and im not always nice to it but i dont expect them to last forever. 5 months the previous motor lasted!
I think thats ok for the treatment they get.

Should i fiddle with it or just block it out like the rest of the strange noises it makes?

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
You only get around 5 months with a motor? How long does your bicycle last? That sounds like some rough riding!

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
You only get around 5 months with a motor? How long does your bicycle last? That sounds like some rough riding!
Same bike with all motors, when i first got it i rode it into a pole breaking my collar bone, several months later i discovered it was pretty twisted in the back end but she keeps on powering on.

As i said i ride it to work about 28km each way and some of the roads around my place are crap, im on my 3rd rear rim, 2nd front disk calliper, 3rd chain, i have about 6 tubes in rotation with numerous patches in all.
Touch wood i have had little down time except when they die, first motor the lilttle end bush disintergrated and went all through the motor 2nd motor just lost compression closer inspection and the bottom end pooped itself.

56km x 105days (excluding weekends) =5880 km or 3653 miles thats a poopteenth per km

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Wow! I bet your bike takes a deep breath followed with a sigh of relief when the engine wears out! You would probably be a great candidate to test out products.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Did you figure out the clutch problem?
Nope dont know what it is, its weird but i dont really wanna explore unless it gives me another sign.
Still starts and rides fine. Im a clutch slipper and it works perfectly, the only difference is the tension loss, i can push the lever in while im riding!!

Honestly if i treated it better im sure 5000km+ but i dont, so they dont.