Is this a good idea?

GoldenMotor.com

I Love My Bicycle

Nov 21, 2009
Canada
I am sure everyone has a problem in regards to oil getting all over the crank and back rim. Well, I clamped an electrical plastic tubing around the nozzle of the muffler so as to decrease the spray height. I am now getting less oil on my rim.

Will this affect the engine's performance? Will it create/increase back pressue?

Thanks.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That shouldn't hurt a thing. You may notice less top end power or speed, but not much.

If it melts, get some high temp. silicone tubing at an auto parts store or model plane hobby shop and use wire or stainless steel zip ties.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Sounds like your running your bike to rich....I have been driving these bikes for years and have not had a problem with oil coming out the exaust unless it is running way to rich....What is your fuel,oil mixture?I run 50:1 or 100:1 depending on the oil....
John-John.shft.

I Love My Bicycle

Nov 21, 2009
Canada
Sounds like your running your bike to rich....I have been driving these bikes for years and have not had a problem with oil coming out the exaust unless it is running way to rich....What is your fuel,oil mixture?I run 50:1 or 100:1 depending on the oil....
John-John.shft.

Nice to hear.

I am just breaking mine in so I am running 20:1

I will be running 40:1 once my initial 4 gallon of 20:1 is gone...in the mean time I guess I have to put up with the back parts of the bike being vulnerable to being dirty.

Thanks.

Last edited:

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Nice to hear.

I am just breaking mine in so I am running 20:1

I will be running 40:1 once my initial 4 gallon of 20:1 is gone...in the mean time I guess I have to put up with the back parts of the bike being vulnerable to being dirty.

Thanks.
You can break it in on 50:1 lucas oil....Or you can break it in on opti-2 at 100:1....Ive dont it and had no problems....You want those rings to seal....
John-John.shft.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I used a chunk of automotive heater hose for the end on this system (no problems for o'er a thousand miles w/it);

Granted, it's a lot further away from the manifold than yours, but I had the thought that if you ran it back like a full length exhaust system it'd look neat and shush the noise a bit.

But - when you switch to a regular mix I bet yer "marking territory" issue will vanish as fall down mentioned ;)

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
i run all engines (after breakin) at 25 to 1, five oz to the gallon, synt 2-stroke oil.
i never have oil drips or smoke, 140 miles to the gallon and has good power.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

Wow - 25:1? That's a LOT of oil, particularly for synthetic... I'm runnin' close to 40:1 with Amsoil's "50:1" stuff and it still smokes a bit. What brand synthetic? Have you checked the piston for carbon buildup lately? What the heck engine you runnin'? I've never gotten anything even remotely like "140 MPG" with my 66cc HT lol

Last edited: