Bill me later

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Paypal just offered me a new promo to make me feel special . Bill me later is it's name . Isn't that how we got in this mess in the first place ? Instead of feeling special , I just felt angry . When will these type of sevices wake up and quit taking advantage of certain peoples weaknesses ? We just can't stop bad business practices that hurt everybody . If I wanted to be billed later I would buy it later . If I needed it billed later I would not buy it .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Char, my wife, was watching (and I can't stand him) Dr. Phil a few days ago. He had some ding-bat woman on who had accrued, get this, $30,000 in credit card debt...and she was still buying. I read somewhere that 8 to 10 thousand is the national average. What is wrong with people? I have credit cards but pay the balance monthly...if I couldn't pay it...I wouldn't buy. But that's just me...
Tom

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
people end up paying TWICE the price of what they're buying if they get it on a credit card, its crazy. i think its one of the major reasons for this economy.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
When I was a kid {16} I got my first real pay check and asked the go to guy at the garage which bank he used. Told me he had a pocket bank. If he put his hand in his pocket and the money was there he could bank on the fact that he could buy it.

My first credit card experiance came when I was 21 and owned a Jaguar. I never made those two mistakes again.

Steve

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Part of the problem is when the creditor defaults on the loan and gets stupid greedy charging 28% interest, over limit fee on their interest making it over limit and late fee. If you are late twice in 6 months that's what happens not only that but EVERY other credit account you may have does the same thing no matter how you have paid them. George Bush also added salt to the wound when he made bankruptcy laws federal...up till then you didn't worry about loosing your house in Texas. In my opinion going bad on debt is a bad thing but changing rules in the middle of the game ain't right either.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I haven't had a credit card in 20 years.
The credit card co.'s do prey on people with little or no self control.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
In my case it was allot my fault by not staying on top of things...I was making the money and meant to pay on time but being home once every 3 weeks or so makes it hard to keep up. Shoot me for trying to make 4 kids and a wife happy(was very futile attempt). It cost me my home, '05 Ford Focus and '05 Suzuki 650 motorcycle. In retrospect I probably was better off anyhow less to haggle over in the divorce. In the end the greedy banks lost the whole amount I owed them. I sure miss the house and kids though.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Pay for everything with my debit card through my CU, funny thing is I'll go months with the same cash in my wallet. Do have one credit card for emergencies or if I need a rental car (rental car agencies will not accept a debit card as a major credit card) and I only have that card because the fools gave me a 7.9% apr for LIFE when I got it. laff

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have a credit card I pay off every month. The credit story is my son in law who bought a new car every couple of years for him and his wife. They rolled over the payoff from the car they traded in onto to the one. When his wife (my daughter) finally saw the light, they owed 23k on a car worth 15k... They saw the light late but at least they did see it.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The latest scam is clicking on a coupon and wind up joining a club of some kind. This is from a reputable site not a spam site. They got me for a month's fee congress is investigating these crooks right now.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
No credit cards, no debit cards, no bank account, no mortgage, no phone, no cable bills, no car payments, the only ongoing expense I have is rent... and even heat & electricity is included with my place.

I am not "lucky" - it's damn hard to do this these days and I get the ol' crazyeye a LOT, even from people drowning in debt.

I may be broke, but as I don't have a negative balance - I'm free to do as I please :D

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Credit can be a good thing or a bad thing. If you keep on purchasing with
credit with plans on making minium payment because that is what your budget
only allows. That is a bad thing and you will find yourself in trouble.
If you have a plan to pay off your balance or keep it paid off monthly, than
it can be a very good thing.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Good for starting a business...it's how I began repairing computers for people I couldn't afford to buy parts up front...it's pretty darn handy buyin houses cars and boats ect. It is even handy to land a job nowdays they run your credit. It even effects your car insurance rates. There are very few businesses out there that run solvent. Haven't you seen turn invoices into cash adds? It's when the reasonable rate turns into USERY that it really becomes a problem. Don't bury your talents nor go too far in debt...unfortunately we don't have a year of jujbilee this ain't no theocracy.

I have heard rich folks sayin they don't work for money they have money work for them.