These mufflers are bafflin

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Do ya think some stainless steel like they make pot scrubbers with would be a problem in the muffler to help baffle the noise? I shoved some in there seems a little less poppy sounding I think I'm gonna stuff more in tommorow and see. I figure as long as it is easy to blow thru it should be ok.

(p)

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
Coarse pulled apart steel wool took my Bike Berry's exhaust from loud to a tuned sound, in addition to his custom baffle at the end of it. Looks and sounds great on m Schwinn OCC.

Just_Gassit

Jul 17, 2009
Northern Nevada
Stainless pot scrubbers work fine as do the copper ones. I cut mine open, added more holes to the inside pipe ( I left the converter intact) and made a second small exhaust tip hole with the extra piece I removed from the single tip. I then added pot scrubber as sound packing and finished the bottom with some hardware wire screen before puting the end cap back on. The screen keeps the pot scrubber from blowing out in little chunks. The end result was better flow and about the same sound as stock. Not sure if it really gained much over-all. I would say after having my end cap fall off and having to riding home that way to fix it, the modified pipe perfoms someplace in between wide open (loud) and bone stock, roughly 2 MPH faster than stock. Not really worth the trouble. I would invest more time getting your jetting and needle set correctly and selecting the right final drive sprocket for your riding conditions, speed desired etc, to be time and effort better spent. For me, the best gain was jetting and getting a 40 tooth sprocket. I ride at 27 MPH at 3/4 throttle and don't feel the need for more. YMMV

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I took the screw out,slide the pipe out and cut it off a good 12 inches or more and love it....Its a little louder but has alot better performance....less restriction....Cant help you on the quieting part though....