smokey ol fart smell ?

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Do any of you 2 smokers have their partners complain about your smell after a ride?
I may have to go 4 cycle if it keeps up LOL cus perfume only makes it worse--yes i have the smokeless oil and my ratio is right !
Posibly if i smoke a cigar it will help-going to have to try!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Had to ask the wife. She said with a 2 smoker, she could smell gas on me but there was no smell on me from the Honda. In defense of my 2's, I have never replaced the petcocks so always get a at least a bit of gas just heading out and coming home. In the 2 strokes, I use what ever oil is cheapest.

Could "smokeless" be causing an oder? Asking. I dunno.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Have you tried beano?

On second thought eat some pickled eggs and drink beer a few days and drive the car practicing an innocent look.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
When I first built my bike and broke it in on the wally world cheap 2 cycle oil I smelled like 2 cycle after a ride and it always reminded me of how I smelled after going out snowmobiling for the day. Ever since I switched to Opti-2 I don't notice a smell at all.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Char only complains when I run the bikes on a stand in the garage. I come in the house after an engine run up and she says...."Phew, you stink"...and I thought I smelled sort of...you know, manly. I guess the Opti-2 isn't working for me either, Kevlar.
Tom

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
One of the products that the company I work for makes is room deoderizers. They are always asking for suggestions for fragrance ideas. I always submit these:
Wet Dog
New Mowed Grass
Unleaded (no alky) Gasoline
Burning Rubber
Charcoal Fire, with Hickory Chips
Shrimp Boiled in Beer
They never use my suggestions...wonder why?
Tom

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
A buddy of mine is really into home brewing. One day I'm over helping him brew up a batch, we just get through cooking the wort and his wife comes home. You would have thought by her reaction that we were slaughtering a goat in the kitchen or something! All she did was go on about how we were stinking up the house, smelled good to us though. Some women have no taste. laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
One of the products that the company I work for makes is room deoderizers. They are always asking for suggestions for fragrance ideas. I always submit these:
Wet Dog
New Mowed Grass
Unleaded (no alky) Gasoline
Burning Rubber
Charcoal Fire, with Hickory Chips
Shrimp Boiled in Beer
They never use my suggestions...wonder why?
Tom
"Musty, hole-in-the-wall barroom" Pre and post smoking laws versions!

Side note, (like that was so ontopic, lol) My work shop is an old 2 seater horse trailer. Working on a lil 2 stroke scooter engine, I couldn't figure out why it was pouring out white/blue smoke so badly. I call 2 Door for advice. I sat in this cloud of exhaust talking on the phone with Tom for 20 mins. I must have really stank. Just realized I have not seen a bug in the "Man-cave" (Carol's name for it) since that day.

cvlt1

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i love the smell of 2 strokes, it reminds me of my childhood back when i was 7 riding the snowmobile with my dad,
ive had little complaints about the smell,

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I love the smell too as it reminds me of the old outboard motors on the lakes in northern Ontario as a kid-i remember dad pulling in the big ones (fish). Funny the memories smell brings back--thats it ! a 2 stroke smell for the hospital wards giving people good memories.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
Have ya'll seen the 2 stroke oil that smells like strawberries when it burns? If so has anyone ever used it?
yes!!
i had a chocolate scented one, its pricy but pretty cool, the chocolate one smelled pretty bad though, i also got a blue berry one, it smelt pretty good, just dont keep sniffing it no mater how good it smells! remember its still deadly exhaust fumes,

they sell the stuff at skycraft hobbies, its for nitro rc cars but works in our bikes to, just make sure you use the corect amount of oil and gas and then you add the additive, i added about one 500ml bottle to a 20l tank of gas, it worked pretty good, no noticeable side effects to the engine, it did make mine run a bit leaner but not to much, just check your plug,

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When they come out with one that smells like nitro benzine and burning rubber I'll buy it.
Wow, only old guys will remember drag racing when they used to dump in the benz...Smelled like Kiwi shoe polish. LOL, today its a class one carcinogen...
Tom

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
ah two stroke smell.

I love it, no matter what I prefer MX bike exhaust smell over regular old "work" engines. My HT smells like a dirty burning 70's sled... possibbly because im burning $3 sled oil. It seems to like it more than the $10 motul. However, that motul smells alot better.

You want to smell some noice exhaust, throw some of your mix into the pushmower and go nuts. It will only help the valve seals so dont wory about it ****ing anything up. I burn mix in my mower religiously, and my roto tiller, and even my weed wacker. The mower is 4 years old and hasnt even lost 5 psi on the comp tester yet....

mmmm. rooot beeeeer exhaust.....