Biker Build Off

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Hey flybytaco, your chain tensioner on the OCC is backwards, you are attempting to pull the chain off the rear sprocket. Should be pushing up on the bottom.
Just a thought, good luck with it.

John

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
its on the bottom so the chain doesnt hit the frame and it worked just fine the bike is built and already sold it for 8 bucks thanks tho

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I finally got my sprocket done, now I can start figuring out how far I need to offset the engine mounts...
Much thanks to Jeff (culvercityclassic) for machining the sprocket for me!!

Also, here's another pic I took today... I'll work on the new seat tube & engine mounts tomorrow.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I went out today & disassembled the bike to start on the engine mounts & in-frame gas tank... I bought a bunch of stuff for it, but I didn't get much actual work done!

Tomorrow, I'll try to get some welding done!

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's some pics of todays progress...
I cut out the seat post tube & made a new one a few inches back & also welded on a front mount.
Both mounts were offset 9/16" for tire clearance.

Where are all the other builders??? Why aren't they posting anything??? :rolleyes:

Here are the only tools I used to modify the whole frame... A $70 mig welder & a grinder!!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I finally got started.

I was going to build a full suspension frame, but time constraints prohibit it this go-around.

Brett mavrick gave me a nice steel framed Electra with Fatti-"O" tires several months ago, and I think it's going to work out fine for an early 60's Gran Prix theme motorized bicycle.

The first thing was to strip the bike completely down and get an accurate 3D copy of the frame into the computer. It was a bit of a pain with all the curves and angles...but it made designing the tank and seat a lot easier. This isn't photoshop guys...Solidworks is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get program. The 3D renderings are made into ready to manufacture drawings for the shop.

The modifications can now be made so that I have shop drawings for the parts.

Below is a pic of the original bike...and some 3D models of the frame modifications, seat, fuel tank, and a preliminary tuned pipe.

The fuel tank as shown will hold 1.26 gallons.

The hubs, and front end components are not shown because I will be making my own, and thus far I have only designed the fuel tank and seat.

The frame is going to get some additional gussets. I haven't drawn them in yet because they may be incorporated into the engine mount and 3-speed drive.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited: