help choosing exhaust?

GoldenMotor.com

dirtybird

Aug 26, 2009
asheville
Problem with carb/throttle cleared up. BUT. Isn't that always the word? I bent my stock muffler with a torch to "make it fit", and now the flange is bent. U guessed it- LOUD popping exhaust from the leak. I am going to get a new muffler- BUT- what should I get? I have a "built-in" kickstand on the Schwinn Cruiser 7 , and it is welded in (so i dont know if I can go with the SBP expansion pipe system or simply get a replacement muffler or one of those longer "poo-poo" pipes) Whatcha think everybody? Thanks- Rob

dirtybird

Aug 26, 2009
asheville
It's cupped, and I tried to "correct" it with the aid of a ball-peen, but its pretty out of whack.. I went ahead and bought one of those expansion chamber mufflers over at spooky-tooth ($50). Looks like it will fit perfect, and increase performance a little. We'll see... Thanks.. Rob

aquarianmonkey

Sep 27, 2009
sedona Az.
It would be nice to have some good choices of pipes but it is limited. I bought an expansion pipe for my bike and it took alot of fabrication to fit it on a stretched beach cruiser. I really did'nt notice much diffrence in performance, but it did look cool. It broke after 2 weeks. Now I have a modified stock pipe that works good. I pulled out the baffle cut the sides off and cut the baffle pipe off than stuffed it back in the muffler and welded it in place. It is not very load and gives me good power up the hills. The exit hole is about the same area as the exhaust port. it would be nice if the baffle on stock pipes had bigger exits hole in them. my bike will struggle going up hills with stock baffles and sound too wimpy lol. Happy Motoring!!!!!!