Video explains it all.

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Hi, I've posted a couple threads, had a lot of help from the chatbox patrons, but to no avail. I will try this now, here is a video I was finally able to take, of my engine trouble. If anyone has any suggestions on what this problem is, I'd really appreciate it. VIDEO NOTE< aside from stopping at lights and stop signs, I'm full throttle the whole way. The hills are a problem. This is a 69.9cc Chris Hill engine kit. two years old, top end rebuilt by Chris himself, and this engine kit has been nothing but trouble. Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. Ask anyone here, I have a new problem every day. Two days ago, my frame snapped. lol. It never ends. Anyways, can anyone help me with this please? Thank you. work to home pt2 video by ADDICTED-BICYCLE-CUSTOMS - Photobucket

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Hard to tell from the video when you are going up hill, but...from the sound of it, it seems to be cruising right along. Whenever you put more of a load (going uphill) on the motor, it is going to have to work harder. The lowering of RPM's is normal.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You made a horrendous lane change, blew through the stop sign and didn't stop for the right turn on red. Shame shame shame.....

Sounds like it's running just like my motor does.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You know how to spot a Michigan driver in Ontario? They're driving in the left lane. rotfl

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I was riding with one hand, camera in the other. lol. Just lazy to stop for the stop sign, lol. It was really late at night, so there were no cars. :) As for the lane change, I did look for cars, and the road was mine. :) besides, it's Oshawa, lol, we're all crazy. lol. It's not running proper, I know because it's preformed much better, and another engine I had worked way better. There seems to be a lot of people saying that it sounds like an air leak, so I'm going to investigate that further. If you could feel what happens when you ride my bike, you'd know also that there is something wrong with it. You can literally feel the problem in the torque. I hope I can figure it out. I'm going out tonight with a friend who has a bike rack on his car, to try to find an abandoned bike. All I need really is the frame, so we'll see what I can find.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
the very beginning of the video is a hill, I approach, and five to ten seconds into the video, the engine starts to lower in rpm. This is full throttle, and if the hill is big enough, it'll slow to like 15km/h, and won't accelerate again until a downhill. There is something wrong. I'm assuming an air leak since that was mostly suggested.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I had an old Suzuki 100 dirtbike that acted like that. It still sounded loud enough, and if you put your hand over the little tube that the exhaust came out of it had a pretty good pop to it. It would rev up no problem but was gutless on the trail. Turns out the silencer inside the muffler was plugged up with oily black snot. Carbon and oil I surmised.
I tore it apart, cleaned out all the filthy fiberglass looking stuff, and re assembled it using a couple of bronze dish scrub pads as silencer packing. It worked out well.

aquarianmonkey

Sep 27, 2009
sedona Az.
Try removing the baffle when my bike was baffled it got real slow on the hills now it goes up them much better. If a cop stops you for the noise tell him it fell out LOL. since the pipe I built for my bike broke I have to use a 6 inch long straight pipe. It really halls butt up hill now but I think the neighbors are going to burn my bike. LOL So tomarrow I will have to build a new pipe. Besides I want the sound behind me not below me LOL.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

I can't for the life of me understand how ppl can run w/o baffles...

They fell out on me once and it just about made my ears bleed >.<

Please don't give anyone reason to hate MBs lol - get a tuned pipe for the love of gawd :D

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I agree, my baffle popped off a couple times. I had to pedal, just way to loud. Besides, the engine requires that bit of back pressure the baffle provides, you're really just slowly damaging the engine. I'd say the quieter the better, the more people we have hating us, the more likely we are to get shut down. That engine broke down anyways, I'll be buying a 48cc to stay legal. :)