Black stallion motor kit

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I've got one, sloppy casts, dents and scratches, and typically very low end parts common with "house brands" (and they're 66cc if ya didn't already know)

Get a Grubee, they're pretty much the same price yet better carb and other goodies. The casting is much nicer too ;)

FYI, it seems that A: the ugliest motors are the ones chosen for paint and B: the paint jobs themselves are hurried and sloppy... So my advice is to get a unpainted Grubee and paint it yourself, taking your time to apply light coats with a quality engine paint.

You'll end up with a much nicer job than the drippy gooberpile I got in the mail lol

Yet if you already have one - fret not, it seems to be running fine (after about 300mi lol) I just need replace the carb. I could just rejet the one I have, but I figured why bother when there's much nicer ones with an actual fuel/air mix screw for a whopping $50 :D

Last edited:

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
If your interested in a good deal on a Black Stallion 66/80cc (new in box) I have a spare I will sell you . Better price than you will find anywhere else .

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
They do seem "decent" enough, provided of course you can get one for significantly less than the more reputable Skyhawks. I've been running my 'Black Stallion' for a lil over four hundred miles now.

It's true that these are all chinagirls, that indeed the components aren't of the highest quality (I think "snork" goes here?), but it's also true that some are significantly better than others.

IF yer on a shoestring budget and you can find a 'Black Stallion' kit for significantly less than a Grubee, if it's the difference between having or not having an MB - then certainly you should go for it!

Having now purchased both (for the same price blarg-oops) all I can say is if you want the most for your pennies - get the Skyhawk, it's a night and day difference. If yer interested in shaving a few dollars off the build...

Be warned you'll prolly just end up spending the difference replacing some components anyway ;)

Last edited:

Veanermann

Apr 25, 2018
I have the Blackhawk angle fire head version painted black.they sprayed it with the screws in.the screws are total junk.all of them I replaced clutch arm and clutch cover bolts and carb bracket bolt and exhaust and two intake manifold bolts.also replaced bolt in tensioner pulley.lightly grease drive gears in clutch case..there bone dry..you can cut the tubes aka teeth off your stock my carb filter cover and use a green scotch scuff pad for a Bette filter o cut the bottom out of a pop can and screwed it to the back of the filter cover so half was hanging down concave side facing front kinda a cal induction.it works great.also on your tensioner and on one gas tank bracket drill a hole through it to the frame and run a tapcon in to eliminate side TO side movement.i had to take apart carb to get it to start the first time.needle was stuck..biggest step get hardened bolts and extra nuts double nut your exhaust or use 1 in deep bolts and lock washers same with intake.on the Juliana 26 in bike the Blackhawk kit I had to leave off grease cap for sprocket to work.other than that she runs great.climbs a decent hill and tops out at about 34 mph.waiting on the 39 dollar expansion chamber exhaust.ill let you all know how it goes.overall an extra four hrs of juking and less than 20 in bolts and such and I've got a great comfortable machine.