I knew it was just a matter of time

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
A stock unmodified engine kit has a top speed of about 25 MPH and can get over 100 MPG. if you just cruise it... (I've never acually tested a unmodified kit for distance tho...)

Many of us here have built bikes that can hit the magic 40 MPH number... & who's to say?, they could probably get 100 MPG if you just cruise at 1/2 throttle all day???
Is anybody here up for that test??? :D

My point here is this... Toyota claims it's Prius gets 50 MPG & a top speed of 100+ MPH, but it can't get both at the same time!! (& nobody's accusing them of having a long nose.) ;)

Last edited:

Srjeeper

Aug 15, 2009
NE Pa.
The one fact I'm sure of, 'if my bike ever hit's 40mph., I don't want to be the person on it'!!

One of lifes lessons learned the hard way, "The faster your going when ya fall, the more it hurts and the longer the hurt lasts". :-||

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
My mountain bike with a little 49cc motor, a slant head, and over 800 miles on it will do 30mph with no real issue, depending of course on incline and head winds. It also did 100mpg. Both speed and MPG checked with a gps. But, I'm not always doing 30mph, I pedal with it on bigger hills and coast down hill.

I did actually hit 40mph on it. I got to 30 before going down a long, steep hill, pulled in the clutch and dropped my chest onto my handlebars. Had a guy on a sport bike match speed with me, and he told me at the bottom of the hill that I was doing 40mph :). The crazy part was it didn't feel that fast to me. Maybe it's time for a real motorcycle when 40mph on a mountain bike doesn't bother me. :)

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
I thought I was the only one getting 60 to 70 mpg, most say much more. I thought maybe because I weigh 185 and these other guys might be younger and lighter and that would give them an advantage. I hardly ever go over 25 and still I get the mpg what I get on my Triumph 650 in mpg. If I had a shift kit that would definitely help improve the mileage.

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
I thought I was the only one getting 60 to 70 mpg, most say much more. I thought maybe because I weigh 185 and these other guys might be younger and lighter and that would give them an advantage. I hardly ever go over 25 and still I get the mpg what I get on my Triumph 650 in mpg. If I had a shift kit that would definitely help improve the mileage.
What oil/fuel ratio are you running? I noticed my mileage improved as I used the motor more and started using less oil in the mix. I've dropped down to 32:1, and that's the mix I was running when I hit 100mpg.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I hope this thread is about happy time motors only, my honda 50 with a 1 1/8th roller will allow me to keep up with 40 mph traffic. My gas tank is 1.2 litres and I get 32 miles out of it without running out of fuel. These are facts not just claims, WOT and I dont do it often because of the fear factor.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
And I bet that claim is for an engine right out of the box... Installed by a 12 year in fifteen minutes as well. Using only a pair of pliers and two screwdrivers

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Aw gawd 'Strider Rides' is prone to just a "touch" of exaggeration ya think?

What makes our 80cc engine different from others? Take a look...
This is NOT your typical 80cc engine. This is built for High Performance and durability. Our motorized bicycles have exceeded 70 MPH with this engine, but we list our showroom models at 50 MPH.
And all o'that with just a few simple mods;

*We us only the NEW RACING CARBUERATOR, not the traditional carb or the high performance carb available now.
*We replace the manifold with an aluminum ported to match manifold to increase power.
*We also polished the internal combustion areas for increased performance.
[sarcasm]Damn... I wish I had spent $500+ on a repainted Grubee[/sarcasm] :p

Last edited: