New guy with a few questions..

GoldenMotor.com

freewilly

May 12, 2009
Canada
Hi there. New to this forum and hopefully soon to be a new m'bike owner. Figured that I'd do a bit of research before jumping in the 'pool' and kitting out a bike. I don't live far from Zoombicycles (in Burnaby) and was figuring on popping down and picking up one of their units. Question is.. which one? Been reading about slant heads 'n such and was wondering why they're so desirable. Maybe I should get one right off the bat. Was also looking at possibly sticking on a CVT (one of those Ninja models). Since I plan to be doing some heavily loaded tourin on Forest Service roads I figure that a CVT would come in handy. Thing is, how easy are these units to mount on one of the Chinese 2 strokes? I'd like to know if I'm just seeting myself up for a world of trouble here. Also, with a CVT, would I be better off getting the smaller engine, or is the '80cc' still the better be? I'm also thinking about getting a matte black unit for possibly better heat dissipation. Anyway, those are some of my questions.
As an aside, I plan to tear the engine apart and 'bulletproof' it prior to using it. Figure that, with what I'm reading about substandard parts, the safe bet would be to fix up potential problems BEFORE they become catastrophe's. ..Willy.