Tuned inlet and exhaust - anyone ever make them?

GoldenMotor.com

RU12

Jul 6, 2013
In a box
I intend to develop a 48cc 2 stroke motor, into a fairly efficient more or less peak tuned engine, at approximately 4000 RPM.

As I am mounting it on a trailer, I will have the space to make a tuned length inlet and exhaust - thus optimising the inherent resonant frequency of the engine, to fill it and exhaust it.

While it may be artificially limited to 200W - it will be an exceedingly efficient 200W, producing the most amount of power, from the least amount of fuel, by capitalising on the natural harmonics of the engine, and minimising all sources of wastage.

This means I think I can extract about 30% MORE range from a given amount of fuel than the stock intake and exhaust provide.

I think I shall forgo the ramming of the expansion chamber style of exhaust and go for straight tube (with bends) and a simple baffle arrangement at the end of it, for a more RPM specific scavenging and back filling.

So has anyone here ever made their own tuned length exhaust and intake, and what did you come up with?

.trlrl.