spare parts cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
Cool bike and fun to see it evolving to where it is now. I'm curious about your gas tank (which I like a lot)... how did you form the top part or was that cut from something already that shape?
SB
thanks silverbear the top of the tank is a Jesse James west coast chopper tank cut to shape

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
I tested the reeds and lost a lot of topend power but it idles great and has more torque on take off. I think they are restricting flow at higher rpm so im going to dremel the adaptor some more and try improve flow

as I was testing the bike out the front of my house 2 cop cars were going past and stoped. they said they just wanted to let me know they are illegal so I said no there not if under 50cc and 200w of power,he looked at my exhaust and laughed then told me he confiscated one and sent it off for tests and it done 85kph and was way over 200w.so I asked ok where and how do you test them and he couldn't answer the question lol

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
I have been doing some research can someone correct me if im wrong, I want to add a hole in the piston skirt on the intake side to give 180 degrees of intake timing and I want the hole to be closed at top BDC. then is it better to add a boost port above the intake port or 2 boost ports one on either side of the intake port? any advice is realy appreciated

cheers,dan.

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
mate you are getting into that cruz'a well and that piston looks to do the job ,i like two smaller holes side by side on the inlet side myself but again i couldnt find the top end i was after i think i was way out on the ports but it did work ok and mate the police took my bike to the transport guys to dyno mine lol and dan i will pay you your time with pipe cheers mate .keep up your work its looking good

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
mate you are getting into that cruz'a well and that piston looks to do the job ,i like two smaller holes side by side on the inlet side myself but again i couldnt find the top end i was after i think i was way out on the ports but it did work ok and mate the police took my bike to the transport guys to dyno mine lol and dan i will pay you your time with pipe cheers mate .keep up your work its looking good
I thought bout adding 2 smaller holes or removing the skirt completely so there's less chance of the piston braking. I tested the ported piston with the reeds before adding the 3rd transfer and it improved a lot but I just cant get it dialled in. I had to drill the jet out to 0.9mm and it was very close, good take off and midrange but falls on its face on top end so I returned it to the stock setup, oh well I learnt a lot playing around with it tho

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
I shortened the forks from the Tijuana bike and fitted them to the cruiser I still need to mount my brake and headlight. while I was digging through my spares I found another dome for the pocket bike head so I done a few tests against a lapped stock head and every time the pocket bike head gives 4kph more top speed and a huge increase in torque

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
i have a spare yuandong Skyhawk carb with high/low jets and adjustable mixture screw but because this motor uses a pocket bike carb mounted straight to the barrel the only intake manifold that's close to mounting up is from a 66cc but its angled all wrong. so i made another adaptor plate and used a carb spigot mount from a pocket bike to mount the Skyhawk carb, the problem now is only a stock air filter will fit. i tried rotating the spigot mount so the carb is angled to the side but the bowl hits the clutch arm

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
mounted my headlight and centre stand today it adds a little weight but makes it easier to work on. also tuned the carb the stock jetting seems good for my setup now I have it dialled in perfect. with the pocket bike carb it was either good down low and a little lean up high or bogy down low and good up high.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Bike looks awesome!!! Front forks really bring it to another level. Considering the fact that you have horizontal dropouts you might want to consider converting your wheels to bolt on so they dont move around. Sweet build. If your feeling like building something one day you could make an airbox like the one on this bike:

They really help with both speed and quieting the bike down - you could make one thats much better than the one in the pic. I want to know more about that pipe because im considering getting one. Could you put a tape measure next to the fattest part of the belly of the pipe? Im just wondering how big it is. Thanks -MoTO

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
Bike looks awesome!!! Front forks really bring it to another level. Considering the fact that you have horizontal dropouts you might want to consider converting your wheels to bolt on so they dont move around. Sweet build. If your feeling like building something one day you could make an airbox like the one on this bike:

They really help with both speed and quieting the bike down - you could make one thats much better than the one in the pic. I want to know more about that pipe because im considering getting one. Could you put a tape measure next to the fattest part of the belly of the pipe? Im just wondering how big it is. Thanks -MoTO
I have benn keeping my eye on the rear wheel I like how its easy to adjust the chain with the quick release. I was thinking of an airbox do you have any close up pics? heres the pipe measurements my crank has been widened on that side to clear the last pipe I had