Vintage Video

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What amazed me was the size of the stands and the number of spectators that went to watch those brave dudes.

I also wonder how many of those bikers went on to fly fighters in the war. I'll bet more than a few.

Thanks a lot, Pat. Truly entertaining no matter how often it's been posted.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Pat,
Thank you that was fantastic to watch. You can see why people came to watch the races.
The, then, unheard of high speeds and the chance of an accident as well. Gladiators on wheels.

Steve.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Thanks Pat. I don't know what it is about history, antique vehicles, and these old films showing things just as they happened at the time, but I've often found myself missing parts of the distant past as if I'd lived it.
Sure, I've built and programmed computers, and I can use any old smart phone (those are easy) but I always feel ridiculous around them. I'm much more at ease on my bike. And I'm saving this video onto my smartphone to have something to watch whilst I make my morning bus commute.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I must admit I am also intrigued by vintage photos and even more so with the movies. Having a glimpse into the past is simply amazing. So much was being developed at that time with cars, motorcycles, and airplanes. Even the people in the photos, all now long gone, experienced a special time. I bought a collection of board track racing pictures on ebay awhile back and had them all framed. I hung them around the shop for inspiration and find myself wondering about the people in the photos as much as I do the bikes.