Thinking about converting my bike, is this kit any good?

GoldenMotor.com

1_2Mini

Oct 2, 2008
Finally Installed And Running!

OK just an update here...spent all day yesterday putting finishing touches on my 80cc kit. Just FYI this is mounted on a Micargi cruiser. I had to open up the sprocket with a hole saw to fit on my 3-speed hub. Then I wired it wrong and couldn't figure out choke, but after finally getting it all resoved the little bastard fired up.

It's fast...really fast. The first lap around the block I blew out the end cap on the muffler and it went even faster, but it was way too loud so I popped it back on with a couple screws.

The clutch seems to be perfect right out of the box...I'm still playing with the carb screw for best power.

My only problem now is the sucker idles way too high...I checked the throttle cable and it's loose and throttle is all the way out, but still revs way too high...in fact i'm going about 10 mph with no throttle so I have to ride the brake a lot. Any help here would be appreciated.

Couple comments on kit quality. I have nothing to compare to because this is my first kit, but one thing that looks like it will fail soon is the chain tensioner...it's crappy plastic with no bearing inside. In fact the threads stripped on both the stud and nut when i first tightened it...luckily had a spare from my neighbors kit. Also, the fuel cutoff switch threads into tank and ends up exactly 180 degrees from where you need it so switch hits bike frame...had to double up on washers to fix that.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Here is a Youtube video to show you how to Mount a tank with cable interference.

YouTube - Installing gas tank With Cable Interference

cheers

BlueCollarBike
I will NEVER understand why people want to drill ANY holes in a bike frame, it's just NOT a smart move. It WILL make the frame weaker and make it easier for the frame to break.

There are MUCH BETTER methods than drilling a hole in your frame. I STRONGLY advise AGAINST drilling holes anywhere in your frame.

1_2Mini

Oct 2, 2008
I did not need to drill any holes to mount this engine kit on my cruiser. Works like a charm...I've been riding it to work for 2 weeks now and only problems were just some minor tweaks to carburator. So happy.