Looking for a good engine

GoldenMotor.com

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
I don't know anything about off the shelf things like gear boxes and such. I had made a friction drive junker back when I was a kid and after reading about some (2) of the friction drives here, I decided I could roll my own for cheaper and I'm all about cheap as long as it doesn't result in poor quality. I use a hub for a weld on sprocket without the sprocket as the drive wheel against the rear tire. It is mounted on a jackshaft with a pulley driven by the slip centrifugal clutch on the engine. I have an idler pulley through amazon to keep the belt tight without having to mess with slotting motor mount holes to slide the motor around to get the belt tight. One thing about the weld on sprocket hub. You'll need to grind some grooves in the face that drives the rear tire to avoid excess slipping.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I don't know anything about dax's gear box, but I 've heard
some nightmare stories about the 4G system having inherent
problems right out of the box. I cannot speak from personal
experience.

Das Chicken

Mar 22, 2012
Georgia
I don't know anything about dax's gear box, but I 've heard
some nightmare stories about the 4G system having inherent
problems right out of the box. I cannot speak from personal
experience.
I am one of those people, when i got my 4G kit (From gasbikes.net) (recently) it had a horribly bent clutch bell with a dent in it, the transmission mounts were also bent badly, and the body of the transmission is not in good shape. There were also some other things like what looks like a very poor casting job on the engine mounts that resulted in a hole. Thankfully the engine seemed fine, but the quality inspection tag didn't have a signature. :/ I still don't have the kit mounted yet, but then again i don't have a bike for it either. ;(

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Well Chick,
Kinda of annoyin', huh. Ive collected a fair bit of defective debris
from assorted vendors. It sore tests my faith in fellow man. I've
stopped sendin' it back just to stop 'em from resellin' it to some
other poor chump. There seems to be a certain lack of moral
integrity associated with this hobby on the business end.:-||