1917 Norton BTR finished

GoldenMotor.com

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Norton.Higgins.finished.007.jpg

Norton.Higgins.finished.015.jpg

resized 1.jpg Here is the finished product...
It's not even close to being a 1917 Norton but the sticker looks good on it. It is a Chinagirl disguised as a semi-correct round crank cased motor. Taylar Cycles did it all. Great job as usual Dan!
she runs awesome and pulls my fat a** just fine.
The build is a "stone soup" version of what I wanted. Many things got thrown in the bucket to assemble the beauty you see before you :)
It was a Worksman. It has some JC Higgins. It was given some Royal Enfield. Had some American accessories thrown on and then embellished with English stickers/Seat tube badge and head badge over taupe powder coat. ****, you try and explain it!
It came out cool and is a blast to ride.
Lights will be wired soon (CDI hidden inside "crank case")
Not the normal heavy duty beast Taylar Cycles is known for building, hu? That makes it more collectible! LOL

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Gosh!

What a nice bike!
Excellent workmanship.

Very impressive tribute build.

It will be wonderful if it runs near as good as it looks.

Gosh, I wish my work was that nice!

Congrats,
rc

pls send us some more pics!

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Thanks for the replies rustycase and allen wrench. More pics at flickr.com/photos/krisblake.
It runs great now that its broken in. Very little vibration...

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I have yet to see anythng come out of Dan's ( Taylar ) shop that wasent the very best. VERY nice construction dude.

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Chainmaker,
The forks are off a early JC Higgins bicycle. They are bee hive springer forks. They look cool but bottom out way too easily. They LOOK good though. I use the front and rear coaster brake together and stopping is easy. Its just a chinagirl and she slows pretty quick. Not a good set up with horsepower...
Kris

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
No. Seriously. Theirs a Moto Guzzi Dustbin racer in his garage! Look closer at the pic's. Inquiering minds want to know! Thats one good lookin "Norton"

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012
Maryland
View attachment 47195

View attachment 47196

View attachment 47197 Here is the finished product...
It's not even close to being a 1917 Norton but the sticker looks good on it. It is a Chinagirl disguised as a semi-correct round crank cased motor. Taylar Cycles did it all. Great job as usual Dan!
she runs awesome and pulls my fat a** just fine.
The build is a "stone soup" version of what I wanted. Many things got thrown in the bucket to assemble the beauty you see before you :)
It was a Worksman. It has some JC Higgins. It was given some Royal Enfield. Had some American accessories thrown on and then embellished with English stickers/Seat tube badge and head badge over taupe powder coat. ****, you try and explain it!
It came out cool and is a blast to ride.
Lights will be wired soon (CDI hidden inside "crank case")
Not the normal heavy duty beast Taylar Cycles is known for building, hu? That makes it more collectible! LOL

WoW i so have to recreate something like this. Its just a beauty bro. Cuddos!
.wee.

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
WoW i so have to recreate something like this. Its just a beauty bro. Cuddos!
.wee.
Thanks for the nice comment :)

I sold it so I could build my grand finale. In about one month it should be done. It will be bigger, better, faster, and have more period-correct accessories (all from England)
I will post pictures when it is finished.
I will be bringing it to the Grange show (California) in October.

Thanks again for the compliment!
Kris