Attaching roller to drive arm help

GoldenMotor.com

Kgerity

Apr 2, 2012
ohio
Ive got a 31cc weed wacker engine im trying to use for a simple back country friction drive set up. Ive got everything else exactly how i want it, and i think itll work great if i can just get the darn roller attached to the drive arm of the motor. The drive arm (with bell clutch removed) is i believe 3/8" in size and is threaded. Im trying to use a kids steel bike peg but i cant figure out a good way to mount it to the engine?

Any suggestions?

I cannot weld, so this would have to be some type of nut and bolt job. Or if there is a 3/8" threaded peg out there somewhere i could simply screw on thatd work too.

Thanks so much in advance!!

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Kgerity,

congratulations on starting your build. It would help if pictures were included, so other members could make suggestions.

Good luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Kgerity

Apr 2, 2012
ohio
Thanks to everyone for their replies!

I will try to get some pictures up today but i am at work until tonight (dang coporate grind haha).

Ive been reading a lot about bmx bike pegs that come threaded and appearantly you can simply screw them on to your drive arm? is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Again thanks guys=)

Kgerity

Apr 2, 2012
ohio

this is basically the exact motor i have. I got it off a troy bilt weed wacker and i believe its actually a ryobi 31cc. This picture has the bell clucth cover on. In my design i have removed the cluth. Ill continue looking for more pictures.....

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
K, there are a bunch of threads here with all the information you wish.
Use the search function for weedeater FD and you'll find them.

The BMX axle benders are mostly too big.
You will probably want a drive roller that is abt 1 1/8", for standard use.

Good luck
rc