The Lewis project...

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
SWEEEEEEET! Thanks Mr B. Im going to be studying this intensively, i didnt even realise we produced a bike like that...... my girlfriend will most likely be quite upset at you for posting this. Being Australian i feel its my patriotic duty to tackle this build at some point in the future, i have way too many projects but im only 35 which is a only a baby on this site :) LOL, so i have more then enough time.........mmmmm i wonder if one of those Victas i have could make a good substitute for that engine???? Gotta keep it all OZZIE!!!!!!!!!!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I normally hate watercooled engines on old bikes or choppers/bobbers, but i quite like their design of mounting it in the front portion of the tank.... im guessing theres a radiator in there????? Very cool

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
OOOOOH! They made stationary engines too

http://users.senet.com.au/~mitchell/lewis/engines/index.htm

Probably unlikely i will cross paths with one in my lifetime but i have now added "Lewis" engines to the list i have that i look for.

Towards the end of the year im attending a car show "motors on motion" out in the bush, im going because it is for all sorts of automobiles, vintage bikes, cars, boats and stationary engines so i will be asking around now for sure. There may be guys out there that have these engines that will never ever see EBay. A good chance to snag some rare stuff.