How did I do this?

GoldenMotor.com

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
A month ago I was a mb noob now I'm an elate member how did I do that? I will have to admit i now know a ton more than i did but how does this forum know that lol????

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
probably has more to do with your post count than your level of mb knowledge.

if I had to guess I would say the number was 100.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
you just made enough posts to graduate to the next level.

i've always hated those "promotions," and asked to have mine changed, mostly because i didn't want to be an "elitist" or a "senior" member.

and the title the machine automatically gives someone in no way makes them an expert. not here, and not on any forum...;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If there's one thing guaranteed - no matter what the title may be, someone wouldn't like it lol

It is however part of the software, "newbie" "senior" "elite" etc. is just the automatic recognition of post count alone, it means no more, no less and is pretty much the same with all forum platforms.

TBH, I'm not the biggest fan of being titled a "super" moderator - I refuse to wear tights and capes are a bad idea on a motorized bicycle lol but it is what it is heh

You can request a "custom" title if you wish, if you're a vendor or whatever - but I warn ya that it may not happen (admin is busy) and... you just might get what ya wish for :D

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I wanted to be Master Wise &&& but they wouldn't let me. So I settled. Mostly I chose it because I have way to much to say about nothing at all. I can start a thread and post in it everyday and say absolutely nothing just like any other philosopher. Philosophy is the art of enjoying the sound of your own voice, even when you have nothing meaningful to say. Did I say that right.

Actually one of sthe first threds I started here, back in o8, was about riding my new motorbike in my neighborhood. It was about the reactions to it and my adventures along the way. That was back when we all were new at it and nobody had a clue what we were doing, except maybe Norman.

So back then it was even more of a great adventure. Sorry I do tend to get carried about. That old thread might still be around somewhere in the ether. It was truly philosophical it would still be meaningful today.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So...Barely Awake is not wearing the regulation uniform, tights, cape, big Red 'M' on his chest...Hmmmm, I think I'll report this to Paul. In our contract, the one that promises us the $10,000. per week for being moderators, it clearly states that we must wear the appointed uniform whenever we are active on the forum.

Don't be surprised if you see Barely Awake demoted to...'Apprentice Moderator', very soon. :)
Tom

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
laff

So... nekkid w/body paint doesn't count? aww dangit :(

(better chk yer contract Tom, mine clearly saz 10g a day)

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
I think it would be cool if I had a different title like "The Kid" or "The Breaker" or something like that. I'll have to think about it...Does being popular increase my chance of getting a title? ;) rotfl

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
I think it would be cool if I had a different title like "The Kid" or "The Breaker" or something like that. I'll have to think about it...Does being popular increase my chance of getting a title? ;) rotfl
I dunno, Vista. I think a title like "Chatman" might be better, as you spend more time playing in the chatbox than anywhere else...
laff

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
So true, I didn't even think of that. If I do get a custom title I would do something like "Chat Man" or to be super cool "The Chat Box Moderator" cause i always watch whats going on and a couple of times ive had to calm some people down. I just love this site so much that i cant help but be on here about 4 hours a day during the week and almost all day during the weekends. It makes me feel special to keep tabs on the site :) Thanks for such a great site guys.