what are these parts that came with my kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
HI bfgmovies;

I think the metal bracket is for your muffler to mount and stabilize it, i have no idea what the plastic nut is?(is it even a nut?)

bfgmovies

Aug 28, 2010
Statesboro, GA
HI bfgmovies;

I think the metal bracket is for your muffler to mount and stabilize it, i have no idea what the plastic nut is?(is it even a nut?)
oh cool thanks, how does that muffeler stabalizer work? and yeah here's another picture of the nut looking thing, there are two parts of it and one screws into the other

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's a gear puller. you use that if you want to pull your clutch apart. hopefully you'll never need to use it.

the muffler clamp doesn't really fit well, at least not on any of my bikes, but the big part clamps to the muffler, and the smaller part clamps to your frame.

bfgmovies

Aug 28, 2010
Statesboro, GA
it's a gear puller. you use that if you want to pull your clutch apart. hopefully you'll never need to use it.

the muffler clamp doesn't really fit well, at least not on any of my bikes, but the big part clamps to the muffler, and the smaller part clamps to your frame.
oh ok thanks! I guess I won't need to use those parts then lol

BikeGuyver

Jun 20, 2010
Sacramento, CA
the muffler clamp didn't really fit well to my bike either -- just today first the middle screw, then the top screw fell out. It made a scuff mark on the paint, but it was nice when it was dampening the muffler! I'm going to put goop on all my screws now, the engine mount was coming off as well :p