A-hole Bicycle Shops

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
nothing disgusts me more lately than a bike shop that have attitudes towards MB riders. since i started building/riding and fixing MB's now, i have to come across a lot of different shops for parts and ideas of whats available and i get an attitude, come to think of it all of the 15 shops in my area have all given me the same attitude.

example, i was trying to pick up a derailleur and 5 speed freewheel the other day and i walk in and you can see they are thirsty to make a sale (think of Gil the salesman from the Simpson's). so i get the parts in my hand and he asks me what im going to do with them, and i explain to him about my MB and his friendly nature went right out the window and smartass came on,'oh you cant do that! thats illegal! bicycles are not allowed to do that,ect ect". if it wasnt for the parts being at their cheapest there i would of thrown em back at him and went somewhere else.

i'll make an apology now to any kind of decent dealer/bike shop/parts manufacturer that has helped fellow MBer's with their projects. BUT... to any others who see this thread in the future with this "purest" holier than thou complex about bicycles, *@&$ OFF! first off, what? isn't our money good enough to you,your struggling to get by and what do you want? me to spend that money some where else,idiot?? oh your not struggling? really? is that why that Cannondale in your window got reduced from 5 grand to 2,500? its tough to make a sale when all you do is sell to the bicycle aficionado and not a wider spectrum... and who do you think you are to tell me what i can and can't do if im buying the parts from you! i already know there is no warranty/no return posted clearly in your window! ugh.......

i could spend hours ranting on this,but ill leave it short. next time i need bike parts i might stop supporting 'main street' America and spending more time else were,thx alot A-HOLE BIKE SHOPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.