are the 49cc engines smoother than 80s?

GoldenMotor.com

FlyJSH

Feb 10, 2009
Houston, TX
Howdy all,

I have built two bikes: one with a black 80, and the second with a 49 from Dax. The 80 was always buzzy even after 200 miles, while the 49 was far smoother right out of the box. Are the 49s smoother, did I get a less than stellar 80, or is my 49 a gem?

Thanks,
John

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
Good question.
I also started with an 80cc. I am ready to build another and would ask the same thing.
Another question to you is, how do you like the 49cc after having the 80cc? Is it under-powered for you're weight (I weight 215lbs)? Is there any differance in power? Are they both from the same company?
I have the 80cc Jet Silver and am considering going with the 49cc Boy-Go-Fast.
Any other comparisons you can comment on will be appreciated.

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
the "80cc" engines are actually ~66cc, if what i read here is correct. the difference in power can't be that much. im still gonna get the "80cc" for my next bike though, every little bit counts

FlyJSH

Feb 10, 2009
Houston, TX
Good question.
I also started with an 80cc. I am ready to build another and would ask the same thing.
Another question to you is, how do you like the 49cc after having the 80cc? Is it under-powered for you're weight (I weight 215lbs)? Is there any differance in power? Are they both from the same company?
I have the 80cc Jet Silver and am considering going with the 49cc Boy-Go-Fast.
Any other comparisons you can comment on will be appreciated.
For me the 49 is a bit under powered (I am 225 lbs), but if it is so much smoother, I will gladly give up the torque.

They are not from the same supplier. The 49 is from Dax, the 80 is from another supplier (don't want to say which yet since I may have gotten a lemon and otherwise I was happy with their service == if you must know, pm me).

As far as Boy go fast is concerned, I have not heard good things about the service.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
yes if you want my honest opinion i went in between and i got a 58cc motor from usabikemotors.com i really like their service they are really nice people to work with they had help me with a lot of my problems

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I do not have any first hand knowledge so take this for what it is worth. There are 2 reasons the 49cc engines are smoother than the 69cc engines. First there is less rotating mass in the 49cc engines so it can't vibrate as much. Second since most of these were designed as a 49cc to start and they simply use a larger diameter piston and cylinder they are not necessarily balanced for the larger piston.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
If I decide to get a new wheel for my Grantsport road bike.. it'll get a 49cc slant... my "80" is pretty smooth, but I think a slant 49cc would run a bit nicer

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
My 49cc is very smooth and hardly vibrates. As far as power, it's still in the "break in" cycle. From what I hear, the 80cc takes off a little bit faster but that's about it.