Exhaust fell off.

GoldenMotor.com

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
Well. i was riding one day for some weeks ago, and suddently the bike got a whole lot noisier and quicker, and i look down and the exhaust had gotten loose, i ride it home and try to tighten it uo. but the holes where you screw the screws in was like broken, so i could not screw it, it seems like the lines that the screw attaches to was ruined, so do i need to drill a hole. and use some kind if tool to make new lines/gjenger.? ( i dont know what it is called in english, my language it is called Gjenger)

Thanks. hope you understand what i mean with this. my english isnt the best as it is not my main language.
:-||

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
will the epoxy handle the heat from the engine? and anyone know how to make a new gasket for the exhaust? but if the epoxy will handle the heat i will buy some tomorow and give it a try.

Thanks.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I think I've also seen a metal strap clamp holding the lower end of the muffler so the weight dosent cause excess force on the bolts from viabration

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well. i was riding one day for some weeks ago, and suddently the bike got a whole lot noisier and quicker, and i look down and the exhaust had gotten loose, i ride it home and try to tighten it uo. but the holes where you screw the screws in was like broken, so i could not screw it, it seems like the lines that the screw attaches to was ruined, so do i need to drill a hole. and use some kind if tool to make new lines/gjenger.? ( i dont know what it is called in english, my language it is called Gjenger)

Thanks. hope you understand what i mean with this. my english isnt the best as it is not my main language.
:-||
Yes, you can drill the holes slightly larger and re-thread them or "make gjenger".

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
As for the gasket.... get some gasket paper from an auto parts store, and just cut it..... In my experience, it is usually better than the stock one anyway....

P.S. Your english is probably better than a lot of ours