broken 50 cc engine for trade..

GoldenMotor.com

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
The engine is very strong.. I was hitting 32 mph with a 50t sprocket on my 26 inch bike.
It has about... 80 miles on it... Well this is what happened... The day I got the motor and mounted it on my bike.. I over tightened the front right mounting bold.. causing a small crack in the threading area... Well about 80 to 90 miles later going about 30mph, i look down and see my engine wobbling. I stopped and noticed it finally cracked off... (you can visually see the bare threads in the mount...)
Like I said, engine is still very good.. But here in germany I cant find anyone that welds aluminum.. it can be fixed, but dont have the convinience of the states...
I would like to trade this motor for a set of forks with suspension to fit my cruiser....
... I have new motor on the way, so i can start cruisin again.. woo hoo :-||usflg

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Manic mechanic,,,,Jim,,,do you think the alumin welding rod that you use with a torch would fill in the side in of this china girl motor mount if you left the bolt in so that it would have threads again:confused:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
I have JB welded these cases, not the best fix but a broken rear stud??? (on mine) I left the stud in while the 24 hour JB set up. couple hundred miles good so far.
Mac

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
there some great fix at walmart in the auto section...its called quik steel...its rolled up in a tube...you cut a section off and kneed it until its all the same color, than put it where you want it and let it dry...than drill and tap...with stands 500 degrees...i use it on jims intakes...i fill up the holes and grind the intake surface at about 40% angle so the carb is level...its great..no float problem...its $4...good luck...also cold weld by perma tex has a double psi rating than jb weld....good luck...Dennis

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
I have JB welded these cases, not the best fix but a broken rear stud??? (on mine) I left the stud in while the 24 hour JB set up. couple hundred miles good so far.
Mac
JB weld was what my dad also reccommended.. I used it and let it sit for 24 hours.. just as you described.. But its not handling the engines vibrations..... IT kind of loosened itself....
If I was in the states this would be an easy fix... But.. nope im in inconvenient Germany, where these things arent even allowed. IT is an easy fix for any of you guys. in the states.. but I ordered a new SKYHAWK 66 cc motor.. And am going to do away with this one and try to get something else for my bike out of it.
I need... suspension forks for my cheap cruiser or 12 guage rims, or a different gas tank (not the stock one) ....... Anything of that sort will be a trade if yall would like. .flg.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Vwine,
Concur with REDB66. Keep the old one for parts. Save the shipping $$. You would be suprised how handy spares are, especially where you are.

Mac

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn
too bad youre not closer, i had been practicing welding ALUM. and IMHO have gotten pretty good at it. id get the engine from you. but shipping that would be cost prohibitive :(. anyhoo conside this a friendly bump.

aspireonescs

Jan 4, 2010
Saint Marys county, Maryland
i got some all stae rubbon 55 from my local welding shop. ALL-STATE 55 RUBBON he diddent have alumiweld. iv thus far used it to cut off and weld shut my float bowel drain, filled in and re drilled/ tapped a broken head stud hole, and used it to fix exactly whats wrong with your engine on mine, it has held up pretty well and its supposedly stronger then the base metal of the mounts. i got a pound of rods for 19.95, its worth a shot to have a spare engine working or not :) plus its fun soldering aluminum with these things :)