Provoking idea - who hasn't dreamed of it

GoldenMotor.com

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Tossing out an idea.
I'm in the garage cleaning up pistons on my 61 Merc 500 outboard rebuild and I stare at my tandem which is awaiting warmer weather in order to display it's new paint and Viola!

Hmmmm, 2 motors insted of just one.
Cut and re configure some frame supports, extend the jackshaft of the Sick bike parts shifter kit add another gear to sum the motors, pull my coaster brake and reinstall the gear casette (oooh,,, gears,,,,mmmm,,,,faster yet eh) dang, gotta go with disc brakes again. Hmmm maybe insted of the cheap way of utilizing 2 clutches & handles, go with a centrifugal configuration they sell.
Add a port to the carbs in order to hook a manometer to sync the carbs.

Dreams in the fast lane. Now the 85 lb tandem will weigh about 98lbs or so. What a tank. But it's like a 2 wheel Bentley. More pull power plus gears. A contender for the speed record at deathrace 2010?
Hmmm, wonder if I could steer it 'round a corner tho? HeeHee. (training wheels?)
....any ideas sparked, esp. you engineering guru's and master bike assembling masters?

I know anybody that has installed a motor on a bike has also thought of more than one. 'cmon I know ya have.

Ahhhhh, waitin on Spring. March 1st - my day I always had my motorcycle ready & tested.
Alajoyn, Portage, Michigan