Unregistered?

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Yesterday there was thread that did some "cool tricks" with our user names. What happened to it? Don't tell me I imagined the whole thing!?! :confused:

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Yesterday there was thread that did some "cool tricks" with our user names. What happened to it? Don't tell me I imagined the whole thing!?! :confused:
No, you didn't imagine it. Paul had used a programming trick that made our name used in a public way. Early this morning, another member figured out what it was and started a thread that said something like. " you know "........." you are so annoying, why don't you go away."

He used that piece of code in the "......." part, which showed whoever was on, their name, and Norman stumbled on to it. It wasn't too long after that when both threads were deleted.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya i had to remove it. was something for fun however someone registered using the code so when they posted the person looking at the post saw thier name as the person making the post and it made people think thier account was being hacked. its to bad i think everyone was having fun with it last night. i know i sure was but it got abused

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
ya i had to remove it. was something for fun however someone registered using the code so when they posted the person looking at the post saw thier name as the person making the post and it made people think thier account was being hacked. its to bad i think everyone was having fun with it last night. i know i sure was but it got abused
Lots of fun ... was looking forward to watching it for awhile.