buggered kill switch

GoldenMotor.com

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
ill try a new switch tonight and maybe a cdi but failing that ill just solder the kill switch wires together and see how long it lasts , i have talked to a few people now and with this forum and it is a spun out problem . its all gone back to front ???
cheers for all your help !!!!
yeh its a weird problem
when i ever have problem with kill switch i just take it off then all good
Anyways have fun cheerszpt

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
tryed new kill switch and cdi no joy , still only runs with button in could i have to replace the magneto ??

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
tryed new kill switch and cdi no joy , still only runs with button in could i have to replace the magneto ??
this is why i dont use kill switches a 50c part that can kill cdi's and magnetos.

Really im stumped as to why it will only run with a busted switch

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
i soldered the to wires at the kill switch together and it runs fine idles and has full power ??? what a trip

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
Loose,
Is your wiring like the diagram below? If so then there is a problem with the way the magneto is wound. If your wiring is different then wire it like the diagram and get back to us.
Tom
Yer its the same i have a zbox motor and on the instruction it has the kill switch connected to the white wire and earthed off the block . What spins me ouy is she was running well for 400ks then i pushed her flat tack going down a hill but only reached 55kmh witch i have done every day and by the time i got to the bottom some reason every thing has gone back to front.
i also tryed changeing the blue for the white power wire but nothing . sill she only runs with the kill switch wires connected.
cheers

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Loose,
Let's try one more thing here. I've never liked the use of the white wire for the kill switch, lights or anything else. I want you to do this for me as well as yourself. Cap off and isolate that white wire. Forget its there. Take the two wires from the engine case, the blue and the black and splice them into the blue and black from the CDI. Try to start the motor. By doing this we have eliminated any possibility that there is an errant ground or shunt in the wiring. If the engine runs, wire the kill switch wires into the black and blue as the diagram I posted earlier shows. Get back to me with the results.
Tom

daledoo

Jan 16, 2010
West Palm Beach
Hmmm. It depends on what wire is ground, mine was a green wire on a grubbee 48cc engine, stock that way with a small eyelit already attached. I had to cut and strip the end to get another bigger eyelit to ground it to the engine mount on the right hand fron side. It is working ok now.

Mine just wasnt working at all, it was not enough ground for the motor on such a little screw.

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
Loose,
Let's try one more thing here. I've never liked the use of the white wire for the kill switch, lights or anything else. I want you to do this for me as well as yourself. Cap off and isolate that white wire. Forget its there. Take the two wires from the engine case, the blue and the black and splice them into the blue and black from the CDI. Try to start the motor. By doing this we have eliminated any possibility that there is an errant ground or shunt in the wiring. If the engine runs, wire the kill switch wires into the black and blue as the diagram I posted earlier shows. Get back to me with the results.
Tom
hi Tom
i have soldered the blue and black from the cdi to the blue and black from the motor left off the white still nothing ?
also tryed reclocating the earth from the magneto to the block still no good ?
Its doing my head in its such basic wireing ?? i used to put in car stereos and alarms
any chance vibration could have done some thing ?
I followed the diagram you posted and i understand it but some thing has fliped the electrics??

My wireing is as per diagram basicly with the yellow to white wire and green earthed off the block .
still the only combo that works is if i connect the yellow and green at the switch , wich is ok coz i dont realy need the kill switch and will solder the wires but i is just strange and i have now had lots of people on the forum (cheers lads ) help me trouble shoot and 3 of my mates that are handy with cars and who thought they would come over and sort it no dramas only to be stumped ?

so ill solder the green to yellow at the switch and see how long she lasts haha
and ill try a new magneto during the week and let you know , what a trip out !!!

thanks every one very much for your help and insite
Lse

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
The only time i would change magneto is when i have tryed new spark plug and cdi
I only do that when no spark
But only thing i can suggest undo the earth wire on magneto and make sure its earthed properly
zpt