centrifugal clutch q's

GoldenMotor.com

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
I want to know how well the centrifugal clutch kits work because I am about to buy one. I dug throughout the forum and didn't get a clear conclusion on whether or not they were good. I was wondering what people that owned them thought of them, and there experience with the install etc.
Thanks!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
silverberar has one and rkorson ask them i know silverbear loves his he said its like driving a std car opposed to an auto the std is quicker but the auto is easy pull up to stops no prob and just take off i am going to order a motor kit soon

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I bought one a while back. I really liked it. no clutching and you can still bump start the motor. Make sure you get a wider crank. I'd recommend dismantling the clutch and lubricating it. I don't think the one I got had any lube. the clutch has no key way and is held on with friction and a bolt. once it's on the drive shaft it is very hard to take of. I ruined mine trying to get it off. the puller tool that came with it just striped when i used it. another problem I had was that I had to use two gaskets on the cover to get it to fit properly. not a big problem but just one more thing I had to make. I've heard that some of the clutches are not spin tested at the factory. mine seemed to be aligned properly. good luck

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
They work great and the extra bit of flywheel effect they provide is a welcome thing BUT getting one installed properly is not for the mechanically faint of heart.