HT Bicycle Engine Maintenance Right side gears

GoldenMotor.com

dedpan

Nov 26, 2009
Lennox Head
Hi,

Dumb question from a n00b.

The maintenance documentation says to apply grease to gear train. Where do I find the gear train and what does it look like?

Thanks to everyone who posts here as I found these forums an invaluable resource.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: HT Maintenance Right side gears

Remove the right side cover and you'll see two gears. Use a small amount of grease to cover the teeth. Don't over do it!

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton

how do you recomend taking apart the clutch without loosing all the bearings and also how do i start a new thread or post?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Spit Fire,
First of all I wouldn't recommend that you take the clutch apart. Why would you do that?
If you want to start a new thread, new subject, select the appropriate heading from the forum's home page. There are several to choose from including the 'Introduce Yourself' General Discussion', 'Pictures and Videos' and others. If you have a technical question about a 2 stroke motor go to that heading then click on the sprocket icon at the top of the page where it says "New Thread" You can then begin a new discussion of your question. It's probable that whatever question you have has been asked and answered numerous times. We suggest using the 'search' feature to keep from posting duplicate questions. The chances are that you will find the answer you're looking for by reading a little. Welcome to the forum and glad you've joined us. We're all here to help if you have problems.
Tom

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore

You'll see two gears on the right side off your engine.. Apply very little grease onto both the small and big gear.. VERY CAREFULLY apply it.. You don't wanna get grease all over the clutch pucks..

And why would you want to remove the whole clutch lol?

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton

venice mentioned greasing the liltle ballbearings in the clutch wouldent you have to take it all apart to get to the lil guyz to grease them?