don't cut your grass

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My wife fussed at me and fussed at me till I cut my grass last week. There was only going to be one good day so I rushed to get it cut. The man who painted my house in july was ocd. He took a cable loose so he could paint under it. The cable never got put back (his helper was so ocd) So I hit it with the lawn mower. I killed my dsl. It could have been worse it could have been the electrical power cable and lit my fire.

The first day I thought the server was down at the phone co. That happens now and then. When I checked I found there was no dial tone on the line to my shop where the dsl is installed. I worked till midnight that night getting it running. I didn't have a cable so I shorted it and ran it into the house.

Then after a couple of days I did some "improvements" to the arrangement (also at my wife's insistence) I managed to cut the cable again. That was last night. So today I went and bought 50' of phone cable and rewired the dsl line. I have no idea to this very minute which combination worked since I must have tried fifty. It is working at the moment so I'm leaving it alone.

And there you thought you were rid of me.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
One thing about my current condition I learn a whole lot of new things. Most of it is stuff I knew the day before though.

Today I learned how bad a bike runs on flat tires. Okay follow this if you can, I have trouble with it.

When I put together the latest incarnation of an ebike. I cut the cable too short on the rear brakes. So to get the wheel out without loosening the brake cable, I let the air out of the tire. Such a good idea. I just forgot to put it back in before I test rode the bike. I put the air back in but decided to wait till tomorrow to test it. I will see if it does any better with the air in the tire.

About the wiring, to make it work. I had to wire the dsl lined to the box but I also had to wire the regular phone cable to the same wires. I had the positive dsl lug and the regular positive wire wrapped, same with the ground side. Why that works I have no idea but it did.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Deacon GO mow the grass, Deacon take the trash out, Deacon go do this! Who ever said slavery was outlawed surely wasnt married.

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
i dont care what you guys say, i like my grass bone dry and cut up until its got the consistency of powder. burns better that way. pinch of tabac for taste