My Awesome Arizona Ride!

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
I am very privileged to border this amazing little state. I go to Mesa AZ, just outside Phoenix, many times a year. This is a little piece of my ride, and I hope to do a journey into the desert again, with more and even better pictures. Thanks you all!

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Great scenery. I used to go on mountain bike rides in that area just south of the Salt River near Red Mountain.

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Thanks! I remember seeing things talking about the central arizona project taking place there.

And yes, I was right next to the salt river. Honestly I don't know how I got there, hopped on the road and went towards red mountain, until I got to a ranch that took me strait out into the desert. Coming back in two weeks, doing this ride again!
-Zane

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
i used to start my rides west of the Bush Highway, There was a trail head off of Hawes Rd, near the TRW propellant plant. After 9-11. TRW was required to add a new fence line, much further away that mandated the close of the Hawes trail head. I forget where the new trail head is now.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi Carider, I live in Vegas and have been to AZ many times. You have inspired me to go on a little adventure of my own. Just a few miles from my home there are some jeep trails that go out to Lake Mead Rec. Area. I have traveled them several times in my jeep, but never thought to take my bike out there until now...

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Hi Carider, I live in Vegas and have been to AZ many times. You have inspired me to go on a little adventure of my own. Just a few miles from my home there are some jeep trails that go out to Lake Mead Rec. Area. I have traveled them several times in my jeep, but never thought to take my bike out there until now...
The desert is awesome, you're lucky live in it! Going to AZ in two weeks, I'll send you more pics :)
Have fun and be safe out there :)

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
:-|| I never made it to the trails. As soon as I left the pavement I got a flat tire. My bike isn't set up for off road riding. Fortunately my Jeep is...

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
next visit ,,,hit me up for a ride !!!
I have been really sick for a while now (long story) and haven't been around here much, but if I can stand up, I can ride !!! LOL

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am down for a Phoenix rally? Everyone I used to ride with gave up on motorized bicycles. Tucson for the most part now only has those that ride motorized bicycles to get from point A to point B because they lost their license.

Its been years since I have met or ran into someone that still enjoys riding motorized bicycles just for the fun and enjoyment.

Back in the day, when two motorized bicycles meet in Tucson on the street it was a nice encounter. Talking about our bikes, places we like to ride, making plans to do a ride together.

Now when i meet someone on a motorized bicycle, there attitude stinks! They seem so bitter and angry at the world and they seem bothered that you tried to talk to them....times have changed.

Hope you feel better soon Bill!

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
I am down for a Phoenix rally? Everyone I used to ride with gave up on motorized bicycles. Tucson for the most part now only has those that ride motorized bicycles to get from point A to point B because they lost their license.

Its been years since I have met or ran into someone that still enjoys riding motorized bicycles just for the fun and enjoyment.

Back in the day, when two motorized bicycles meet in Tucson on the street it was a nice encounter. Talking about our bikes, places we like to ride, making plans to do a ride together.

Now when i meet someone on a motorized bicycle, there attitude stinks! They seem so bitter and angry at the world and they seem bothered that you tried to talk to them....times have changed.

Hope you feel better soon Bill!
That sucks! It has been the same with me. motorized bicycles are scarce in Northern California, sad but true. I've only seen two ever here, one went right pass me and the other was just a huaseng 4 stroke and the guy was a brat. I've met one friend in Mesa on his motorized bike, and got all his friends into it!
dance1

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
thanks for the kind thoughts !!!

between a dislocated left shoulder (almost healed, but taking 10x longer than when I did it in the 80's), and headache induced eating/stomach probs (bad eye), I have been doing pretty crappy,
I have been riding still tho (gotta get the kids to school and back)
I did discover that it is possible to liquify high-heat bearing grease in one day if the bike and trailer combo is heavy enough and you only use the coaster to stop !!!

Last edited: