Problems

GoldenMotor.com

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
After playing with my 49cc engine, i made it even a lot worse.

Last night i fixed my throttle slack. But there was one problem. When my bicycle is at Wide open throttle, it sounded like "four stroking". What im trying to say is that, when the throttle is at maximum, it sounds as if the throttle is still in the middle.

This morning i have another additional problem. Whenever i start my bicycle, it accelerate on its own without my hand on the throttle. I have no clue why.

But last night, when i parked my bicycle, i forgot to let go of the clutch. Which means the clutch lever was locked in until morning. I dont know if that affected the engine.

I hope you guys can help me here. I did a lot of researched but i just cant fix it on my own. I need your help :S

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
keeping the clutch lever locked won't hurt anything

throttle cable should have just a bit of slack, such that closed, you can lift it just a bit up from top of carb - sounds like you've got it too short or you've got too sharp a bend in it somewhere

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I think crassius is on the right track. I'd also look for places where your throttle cable is getting caught on something and being yanked.

"Four stroking" is not uncommon. I've found that I can usually 'adjust' it out by giving just a bit of choke.