Think I'm going to give it a try

GoldenMotor.com

PapaLJ

Jun 1, 2013
norwalk ohio
Just dug out an old Murray mountain bike that I bought about 15 years ago. Wife and I both bought our bikes together and rode together for about a year or so, she gave hers away to her cousin, and I hung mine in storage for the last decade +, I pulled it out last weekend and aired up the tires, and other than some cracking in the tires, it is still in pretty good shape.
This is the bike, going to be a "budget build" because I'm broke, and cheap, lol.

[

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Papa, you've come to the right place for any help and/or advice you might need.

Your bike looks sound but be cautious of those tires and make sure the brakes work well. New pads might be a good idea because they do tend to harden with age.

Good luck with your project and keep us informed.

Tom

PapaLJ

Jun 1, 2013
norwalk ohio
Yeah the tires and brake pads need replaced for sure, going to try and make it more comfortable for my fat butt to ride first, then go from there, those mountain bike tires have go to go, lol.

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Unless the tire is shot, I'd keep the knobby rear tire, go smooth on the front (unless you're going to go friction drive). The knobby will give you good traction, with the added bonus of only buying one for now.

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
I have the same bike papalj that you have and I am working on getting everything I need to build to with the money is tight problem you have good luck man and I hope to see the the bike when you get it done .

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
It's a nice looking mountain bike. I love to see an older bike pulled out of the garage and motorized.