Simpsonmotorbikes Racers

GoldenMotor.com

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Very sharp lookin' ride and really like what you did with the gas tank.

Ya know it's funny. I was never into these vintage type bikes before, but since you folks got this section started, I've been following it and about all I can envision now is one of these bikes in my future!

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
My heart my heart ! :)

Well Hiker, I'm glad to hear you you think it was worth my asking for. I'm sure Cruiser
will be happy to hear it. Eh Cruiser ???

Just imagine riding one of these around the park or beach this summer or Pffffttt by a
Harley Davidson shop on a Sunday Morning when they are gathering there for a ride.
Just squeeze the rubber bulb of the brass horn and wave as you putt by. (and watch
their jaw bones hit the ground)

And Mike, you ain't gonna make poor ol'eDJ beg are ya. I'm drooling on the screen as I are.

More pictures please ! :D

And tell us about it, what motor, wheels & hubs, and all the juicy details.

I wanna make a screen saver out of it too !

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
HI thanks for the kind words guys! I do have some HQ pics of that bike, I've had a lot of fun with it, and it shows as nicely in person as in pictures.

Frame:
Custom made by Solid Bikes, as a prototype for what would later become the Model 10 Racer, this bike had some work on it that was not as planned, including 3 inches too long in the back end, BB too high and some other stuff.

Most was fixed at the factory, tho I cut the rear forks and chain stays a couple months later, shortened it up, and made new dropouts on my lil Makita Table Saw. That worked out ok, but was more work than I thought it would be.

I made lil stuff like axle adjusters, the brass breather, brass oil tank holds Whizzer electrics etc.

Engine:
WC-1 Whizzer '99-04 with custom made BTR OHV by Swim Engineering. Miles handmade alot of the parts, and then, of his own design C&C milled the head, cut the fins, and removed the flathead section from an NE5 barrel, and here we have it!

I made the lil Intake manifold, ex manifold, pipe and muffler, drop stand and some other assorted stuff here.

Wheels, Worksman Alloy, Worksman Drum in front, Shimano coaster in rear, hoops Powder coated (sheave also) and then re-assembled with stainless steel spokes, and chromed brass nipples.
White tires are Kenda.

I did go to a "schmooze" at a local Harley shop and they were very receptive, the bike showed well, and yes I rode it in! Tho, anyone in the know, would see that it is painted more like an Indian, than a Harley!

Houghmade, new Whizzer engines of this type are not available, BUT I have "rat-holed" a few to cover the chassis that I have still in stock! There are some more things still in the making, including that I have Model 10 Racers for sale currently.

This is the bike as I got it, when I assembled it, I almost cried!

Thanks again,

Mike

Attachments