New owner from Illinois

GoldenMotor.com

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois
Hi all. Just got my kit last week. Still trying to get it tuned right. Seems the carb that came with it is really not much to write home about. Will be replacing that in the future. But was able to get it running right away. Also gonna trash that tensioner and opt for a spring-loaded one. Here are a couple shots of it.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hello paint gun and welcome, the fun of a motorized bicycle has just begun. great to have you with us

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Hey paintgun, welcome. The more you run a new engine 1 of 2 things is going to happen; It will either run better, or NOT! When I started my 1st engine I thought OMG I got a lemon! The more I rode it the better it ran. It took about 10 miles before it ran right.

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois
I have about 20 miles or so on it. Having some 4-stoking problems. Gonna dump the stock carb for a Speed II. Heard they were better than this one.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have about 20 miles or so on it. Having some 4-stoking problems. Gonna dump the stock carb for a Speed II. Heard they were better than this one.
Don't expect any real performance gains from the 'Speed' carb. You currently have the venerable NT style carb which is one of the best and easiest to work with and will perform just fine unless you want to go racing.

My suggestion is to give it some time. The Chinese 2 stroke engines do not break in quickly. 200 to 300 miles will be required before you should start looking for the best performance. Your 20 miles won't tell you much as far as how the engine will ultimately perform. Give it a chance and do some reasearch here on break-in procedures. There are a lot of opinions on this so you'll need to read and do what seems right to you.

I just looked at your bike again and the rear sprocket looks to be possibly a 48 tooth. What tooth count is it? Remember, the bigger the rear sprocket, the slower the bike will be. Nevertheless, don't rush into making changes until you accrue some miles.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy from another Huffy owner!!

As said above, it'll start to run better the more you ride it. Good luck!!