cleaning cream bicycle tires

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
has anyone found a good solution to cleaning cream colored bicycle tires? all tips and hints would be apreciated

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes. so far dish soap works the best, curious what others have tried. going to be putting the bike in a show in a few weeks.

forrestsmith

May 29, 2012
Cincinnati
Hello Paul

I have used Wesley's Bleach White with good results, made for cleaning whitewall tires, not sure if you can find it in your area. I also you use
Soft Scrub with bleach with very good results, thats the kitchen and barthroom cleaner.

Forrest

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I have a set that I just cleaned up, they were pretty grungy. I started off with a fully charged 'scumbuster' with a green scrub pad on it, hot water and dish soap, and finished with a magic eraser. They cleaned up pretty well.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Anybody tried equal parts vinegar & dawn dish soap? It works great for renewing wiper blades after they get really filthy. I put it on a rag and scrub them back and forth a few times. You could rinse it off after, but I usually just run my washers. I know some cleaners containing oils can actually harm rubber. And I have white tires, but I haven't yet tried the vinegar/dawn on them yet.

I have a little one, so we have lots of baby wipes kicking around. I've been using them for touch ups, but I really need to knuckle down and scrub mine.