Hello from Switzerland

GoldenMotor.com

Kallukratrod

Dec 1, 2009
Switzerland
Hi There,

Like your forum! Very inspiritual!

I life in Central Switzerland.
Favorite things "to waste my time" on: anything on two/four wheels that is making me go fast, ski, snowboard, my 1976 US-Ford Granada, art, music, travel, cool people ...
I work in the sport industrie, starting our own clothing label, getting my hands dirty on anything with wheels and I think this region is in desperate need of a rock/metal bar!brnot

Started as a hobby, Chris (partner in crime) and me are restoring/customizing vintage bicycles, repairing cycles and build up chruisers.
And now it is time for a MOTORIZED BICYCLE! I love and honour all those beautiful vintage motorcycles and cycles from the old days.
Everything seemed so simple and mechanicaly sophisticated.

Following attachment will be the "Cloud Hunter":
Front end: steel, leaf spring, industrial bearings, 135mm wide (to fit rear hub)
Frame: steel, rear end on both sides leaf springs, industrial bearings
Motor: Something realy cool from RockSolidEngine
Tank: steel, made to fit in the frame
Tires: 2.75x16inch, vintage style nobby motorcycle tires
Rims: 1.8x16inch, vintage style motorcycle rims, drilled to fit heavy duty bicycle spokes
Hubs: 2x heavy duty bicycle 3speed steel hubs with drum brakes - This set up will give us 2 different sprocket settings "on the go" and a fast repair option.

The tubing and some parts should be in soon. Beer is already stocked up in the workshed!

Anyway, great to be here, take all care and if there is Anyone bugging you: just smile

Cheers, Tom

Attachments

Kallukratrod

Dec 1, 2009
Switzerland
Hi there "Professor", sorry, still not "solid" on english, realy! ;-)
What you mean with "You can't have just one of these things though"?
In german a "project" means including everything which is part of a project. I allways start a project with a 1:20 hand drawing. I don't use a CAD program, or something. To figure out solutions for problems like pivotpoints, suspension space... for myself a project is: idea, drawing, building.
Does "project" in english means: only something that is allready build?
I appreciate any advise! - you learn through listening.
Thanx, Cheers, Tom

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
nope - just a translation error :)

Professor was making a small joke, referring to these bikes as similar to an addiction - that even when you have one completed you will want another... and another... and maybe even another.

I too am building another despite the fact I already have one and very much enjoy it :D

Welcome to the forum by the way, it's good to have you here! I'm looking forward to seeing a project completed by someone as thorough as you (^)

*Project = the planning and process required to make something, including the object itself until it's completed. So yeah, the meaning is the same.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Tom, Welcome. Is true, ya can't have just one. Need the one your ridding, the one your building and the one your planning, lol.

I really like your suspension! Great work. Can't wait to see pictures

Kallukratrod

Dec 1, 2009
Switzerland
nope - just a translation error :)

Professor was making a small joke, referring to these bikes as similar to an addiction - that even when you have one completed you will want another... and another... and maybe even another.

I too am building another despite the fact I already have one and very much enjoy it :D

Welcome to the forum by the way, it's good to have you here! I'm looking forward to seeing a project completed by someone as thorough as you (^)

*Project = the planning and process required to make something, including the object itself until it's completed. So yeah, the meaning is the same.
Of coarse, dahh! No, when I read your quote, it totally made sense! This sentence structure would have meant in german something different.
I do want to have another... and another... and way more!

Thanx many for "lesson"

Will post pictures soon. The guy making the leafsprings has made one very, very nice first set up to look at. I was a bit concerned how to figure out the stiffness/setup of the springs. But, wow, that guy has it under control!dance1

Cheers, Tom
PS: it's snowing now! Hmmmm, fat spike tires???