How Do I Make My 80cc Go Faster?

GoldenMotor.com

theblueboy

Oct 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey guys,
Just wondering how would I make my 80cc motor go faster?
I think it's broken in now, but I can only get 30mph max on a good stretch
of road. I've upgrade to a 36 tooth sprocket and that only enhanced the speed
like 3mph. I really want to hit 40mph(not down a hill) but just know how to do
all the crap needed to get good performance. What should I do to make it go
faster is the bottom line. I need links to the thinks I need to buy.

Help! :-||

Andrew

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
tell ya what, do a search on all of those methods listed in that thread.

if you don't instantly believe it look into the science of it.

but the short answer is all of that works.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
One area seldom touched on is advanced lubricants. Techline Dry Film Lubricant on all rubbing parts is one thing that can be done. Using Prolong Engine Treatment is another. I used Prolong in my race motors and never had an engine failure.

Mixed at 10% of the oil volume then add the oil to the fuel as normal. This is for the first gallon, then at 5% of the oil volume from then on. Oil bath clutch at 5%, other words 1 part Prolong, 19 parts clutch oil.

The bottle comes in two sizes, the smaller bottle labeled "booster" is the same stuff. You need so little the bottle will last a long time and it is quite a bit cheaper, about $8 a bottle.

Prolong uses the natural electric charge that is made from spinning metal to bond with the metal. Did you ever see the Prolong ad that they ran a motor without oil for a very long time without seizing? It's factual. Products like Slick50 were bogus and they settled a suit from the FTC for $10,000,000 for their lies. Prolong has never been sued thus substantiating their claims.

Start using it after the first gallon from break-in, don't use too much in the mix, doesn't help, and I'm sure you'll feel a difference. xct2

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
top speeds on these things fully upgraded and tuned tend to be 45 mph or so, after that wind resistance is too high for the little motors to push you any faster.

but those are under ideal circumstances. i'd say 35-40mph is your top speed on average with the upgraded bikes.

more importantly can your bike handle the higher speeds? and what about stopping?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
How much faster do you think it could get my bike to go?
I couldn't even begin to guess. All you can do is try it or not and I'm in the "try it" camp. I have used the products and will again.

When I first started using Prolong in my racers(gokarts and oval track 4 cylinder cars) the cars dropped 15 degrees in water temp. That's a LOT of friction reduction. With track conditions different every time your on the track I can't give you a "2/10ths per lap faster" kind of testimonial but I'm sure you'll feel a seat of the pants difference. ;)

Reactions: Gofastrudi1016

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
a billet intake with a good carb- something other than 50cc stock

narrower tires and wheels- if you can get a 27"x 1 1/4 or700C x 32 or 38 front wheel- just try it out a short run before worrying about the brake (a short caliper will fit then) but just give a narrow bolt on wheel a try and see the difference for yourself

even a chopper motorcycle has a skinny front wheel- it just rolls better.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
all the bolt-on, buy it now "performance" parts won't give you much of a boost unless you build your motor right to take advantage of it.

my race bike has the NT carb and the stock exhaust, both re-worked and modified, and the Grubee GT4, also re-worked, modified, and some other semi-secret tuning tricks. and it's never been beat in a street race.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Otherwise, go into the High Performance section in here and read read read... Buy yourself a few extra cylinders and pistons with rings and a dremel along with a set of jeweler's files and have at it... those of us who are fast got there by reading a LOT as well as experimenting a LOT and there's a ton of room for upgrades on these engines. Buying a bunch of junk off ebay will only make your ride look rediculous but reading and working these things with your own hands will get you where you want to be.

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Simplest and cheapest way too more power is to clean up the transfer ports , maybe widen the exaust port a bit and trim away the bottom of the piston on the intake side so it matches the intake port when it is at TDC . This will help like no other modification or bolt on performance part out there and as long as you don't get carried away ... won't cost you a thing. Once this is done ... then think about trying performance parts
Any questions ... pm me
Ron

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The OP hasn't been on the site in 3 1/2 years........he either figured it out ---- or not.

The easiest way to make these things go faster may be to eat salad and drink water rather than eat bacon cheeseburgers and drinking soda. :D

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
i rather eat bacon cheeseburgers, my bike goes 50mph (GPS) lol with too much time and effort....I recommend thinking twice about going over 30 mph with out making your bike worthy and safe to handle those speeds, if you lose control or something on the bike fails you will never want to ride it again. Pavement doesn't not give one damn how it feels for you when you eat it either with bacon or dressing. so be safe.

Last edited:

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
The OP hasn't been on the site in 3 1/2 years........he either figured it out ---- or not.

The easiest way to make these things go faster may be to eat salad and drink water rather than eat bacon cheeseburgers and drinking soda. :D
My girlfriend's grown son bought a Buehl motorcycle. He let me take a spin on it and I thought it was plenty fast, and a real fun bike, too. A couple months later he was telling me how he spent about $700 on carbon fiber covers and whatnot to shave a few pounds off the total weight.
For whatever reason I laughed and told him he could have saved his money by dropping a few pounds himself. The dude weighed about 265..
His mom didn't think it was very funny.
Still true, though.

Reactions: BeWill

electron

Sep 10, 2014
Adelaide
I'm only after a bit more speed. I'm going for more low end power/torque and longer rear gear, rather than chasin' RPMs.

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
If your "listening" ta what you said in your last post ... "I'm just going for a little more speed and some low end torque.. not chasing rpm's" ...
Well let's evaluate what your 'asking' here ... 1`st you want more speed ... o.k. .. you're on the right track with the rear sprocket .. a smaller one .. say a 40 or even 36 tooth will give you your 'little bit extra speed' .. BUT ,, you may want/need ta have your motor able ta put out the extra hp ta turn the new , smaller , sprocket in order ta gain them extra m'sph ... 2nd you say you 'just' want a bit more bottom end torque .... AGAIN ... we have come too the issue of the motor simply needing ta put out the extra hp ta gain your "torque" that you're looking for. ..
Now I think if you're still tfrying ta do this w/out spending a bunch of $ then you can go back a page and read the post I put up on "port work" and you will have your "Money FREE" solution (aside from the sprocket cost)
Other then that it is startintg ta seem your not liking the answers your getting so you're asking the "same" ques a little different hoping ta get a different answer ??
The bottom line is that there is not a single "bolt on" (or otherwise) hi-performance part or ? up-grade ? or "race" part or whatever you can spend $$ on that is going too give you the propper or full potetial that it is intended too give you , until you have the ports 'cleaned up' (at least) and/or polished /widened etc. so just do it and save yourself the $$ and headaches of buying all the pricey bolt ons ...
Just Sayin' ...
ah ,,, But then again ..."what do I know?"

Reactions: Highenergy