BGF Sprocket w/too many holes

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
Any one ever get sprockets that look like this? I ordered 2 BGF 80cc kits and this is what the sprockets looked like when I opened the boxes. SAD! Should I try and use them?

Attachments

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Have you tried to contact them to see if you can get them swapped out for "better" ones?....Structurally they should still be strong enough IF the holes line up BUT if it were me I'd probably ask for new/different ones.

Good luck on your build.

Andrew

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
I e-mailed them yesterday via e-bay mail and request replacements. As of this morning I have not received a response from them. I did check the sprockets and there are two distinct patterns drilled in them however I am afraid of the areas where two holes come together. It looks very weak in that area. i will update this post once boygofast replies to my e-bay request. :(

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have a couple like that from a different vendor it looks bad but works ok if you don't mind the extra holes.

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
I have a couple like that from a different vendor it looks bad but works ok if you don't mind the extra holes.
I am just concerned about the area where two holes are drilled out together. May cause stress on the bolts. The chain and sprocket give enough trouble as is without adding this to the problem. If the dealer doesn't make good on them I will probably fill the excess holes with the welder and re-drill the needed ones. Just an idea. I hope they will replace them.

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
I e-mailed them yesterday via e-bay mail and request replacements. As of this morning I have not received a response from them. I did check the sprockets and there are two distinct patterns drilled in them however I am afraid of the areas where two holes come together. It looks very weak in that area. i will update this post once boygofast replies to my e-bay request. :(
Here is Ric's (boygofast) reply to my request for replacement sprockets.

thank u email us.
the holes on the sprocket are for 9hole and 6hole

thanks

Looks like I'll be welding on these before I install them or I'll be ordering new sprockets from another dealer. Oh well you live and learn.....:(

raptor50

Sep 1, 2008
biker mike
your sprockets will work fine . i have used them on may bike never had a problem with them.if you start welding on them you might run into more problem than the extra holes would.more than likely you will warp them trying to weld the holes shut.and probly throw the sprockets way out of balance.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
6 hole/ 9 hole? They are "tinkling" on your leg and telling you it's raining! I havent ordered anything from them yet but if that's the quality of there products, they will never be used on one of My bikes! As far as worrys about preformance you most likely don't have to worry. That's just tacky. Ya get what you pay for.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ditto what Tramp said.
Sorry you had to get parts like that but we've all learned something here about who not to deal with. Like the other guys say, the sprockets will probably work just fine but who wants to carry around something that looks like that on their bike? Tacky, tacky, tacky. And, it would make me wonder about the quailty of the rest of the components.
Tom
Easy ridin'

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
biker mike
your sprockets will work fine . i have used them on may bike never had a problem with them.if you start welding on them you might run into more problem than the extra holes would.more than likely you will warp them trying to weld the holes shut.and probly throw the sprockets way out of balance.
I believe I can weld them on low heat setting without any danger of warping them. This company just has a poor quality kit compared to the others on the market. I would not put one of these crappy looking things on my bike much less one for a customer or friend. Some people might except crap like this but I have a little more pride in my work than that. I just hope the engine internals were built with a little more concern than the sprockets were. We shall see. :rolleyes:

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
Yea, I will defiantly pay a little more for the kits I buy to avoid this company in the future. I hope to purchase hundreds of these kits if the demand keeps up. I will be looking to thatsdax and spookytooth for my supply needs as well. They seem to be getting the best reviews. You don't have to hit me in the head but once to get my attention. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.