what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
I figured out how to improve the Jag Clone, I'm work on it to incorporates two coils.
Next will be the twin spark plugs head from Fred . Advance the timing curve to Rev even Higher . By extending the time curve, it will also extend the powerband pull .
Just imagine a the Ultimate Tunable High Performance CDI With a HD Twin Fire Coil.
35,000 volts traveling threw (Blue of course) MSD Racing Wires, to the NGK Racing Plugs

that

Snuggled into RCMachine's 5.3cc Twin Sparkplug Head. brnot
Im listening :)

Is the an applicable mod for an actual jag? I caved and bought the Jag CDI but i dont have the top end anymore, even without both jumpers for the long timing curve

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
If you READ it says CLONE . No mine are built better than the JAG . I have leaned how change the component values to make it more race . Meaning a LONGER TIMING CURVE and doubled the discharge capable of caring twin coils. I will post their availability in swap and shop when I'm ready . If you think you have the skill to build one yourself, I wish you good luck . xct2

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I ground off and painted the mounting tab on my new expansion chamber. Also, after I've put about 15 miles on it today, I noticed that my rear tire looked like I had Armor All'ed it ---- no bueno in my books!! Even though the pipe wasn't directly pointed at the tire, I fabbed a turn down/turn out for the exit of the muffler. It should solve the issue. I guess if you could direct the exhaust onto the drive chain, you shouldn't ever have to lube it!!

I also 'dusted' my shop space......:D

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I ground off and painted the mounting tab on my new expansion chamber. Also, after I've put about 15 miles on it today, I noticed that my rear tire looked like I had Armor All'ed it ---- no bueno in my books!! Even though the pipe wasn't directly pointed at the tire, I fabbed a turn down/turn out for the exit of the muffler. It should solve the issue. I guess if you could direct the exhaust onto the drive chain, you shouldn't ever have to lube it!!

That looks real good..... I really like the colors on your bike, never seen that scheme at any of the stores around here, If I do I'll be getting one probably, that bike is just mean and clean looking.... that expansion exhaust really set it off nice to.

Shop space looks good also, if I showed you a pic of mine right now you would likely trip and fall over something while setting in the office chair looking at the pic on the monitor.... yeah it's about that bad, but when the new shop is done..... OH MY........! it sure will be nice... 800sqft of work space and parts storage..... worked on it some more today and hope to start putting decking on the roof in a week or so.

nice mods xseler..

Map
reddd

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago

Great Idea. Really like the turn down. Stealing that mod for mine. Thanks!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Rode downtown to pick up a bunch of meds.
The Pig ran great! This cool weather really wakes up the chinagirls.
Going on three months without a flat tire! *knocks on wood*
Still carry patch kit and tools everywhere.

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Today i tested my top end rebuild. realized it wasnt quite right. did some quick measuring and found that the cylinder i got was actually 1mm taller on the base. so much sanding and some port adjusting later its back together with a new piston fresh rings and a new wristpin bearing. silver its 5x heavier than the original. Test starting tomorrow and a 60-100m ride!

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
All I did physically to the bike mechanically, was I just my brakes and check over my routine fastener check . Then motorized bicycle e-mails out the a$$. dance1

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I just bought a Reese Sportwing bike carrier for my car. Gonna install it later today. Looks like it is the best for our 'heavy' bikes because the rack's hooks go through the wheels. With the way my wheels are attached, there should be no way to lose the bike off the rack.

I guess that it will be trial by fire when I haul it to New Mexico in a couple of weeks!!

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
I just bought a Reese Sportwing bike carrier for my car. Gonna install it later today. Looks like it is the best for our 'heavy' bikes because the rack's hooks go through the wheels. With the way my wheels are attached, there should be no way to lose the bike off the rack.

I guess that it will be trial by fire when I haul it to New Mexico in a couple of weeks!!

I recently purchased this same rack. The only difference is mine has the 2 inch bar
going into my two inch hitch on the truck. I have successfully carried two 70 pound Ebikes at one time with no problems. I also bought the adapter so the rack would fit the smaller hitch on my car. This lengthens the out shaft thus limiting tongue weight by about half. I have carried the gas bike alone behind the cars smaller shaft a couple times no problem.

Seems for the price it is Ideal for heavy bikes. I hope this helps.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Only thing I ever have to do is charge the batteries when I am sleeping. maybe check the tire pressure every now & then!

Where's the fun in that.....??!! All kidding aside, I probably get as much enjoyment out of 'tinkering' as I do riding.