what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I did something like that to my bike a while ago Big. The difference is that my 12V battery is mounted in my side case. I put quick connects coming off my battery and charger so I could just plug in in instead of trying to use the chargers cheapo clips. I've had those just fall off after I leave so it's not charging, ALL NIGHT. I just found out that my battery lasts about a month, cause that how long I didn't charge it before it started going dead.
I also FINALLY got my suspension forks on. I'll take a pic later today. It looks GOOD.
fatdaddy.
I put suspension forks on my Cranny as well, and I love them. Mine came off a bike I found in the dumpster. They were a bit loose when I first got them (if you lifted the front end off the ground, the front wheel would drop about half an inch). I ran them that way for awhile cause I didnt have the tools to take them apart. Then my wife's brother in law loaned me a socket wrench with an extension and an allen socket, and I opened those babies up and fixed the rubber spacers (one fork leg had 3 spacers, the other had one lol) and now they are perfect. Of course, my new build is getting motorcycle forks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-K10-...orcycle-bike-/220986587363?fromMakeTrack=true Thoe babies are down in my basement right now, just waiting to be put on. I need bearing cups for the head tube and bottom bracket of the frame they are going on though, so if I dont find some, I'll have to wait until my current bike can be taken apart.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

BBB, could you please put those beautiful K10 forks on a scale and weigh them?
I would like to get a set myself, but they look awfully heavy and I really would like to know just how heavy. I don't want 25 pound forks on my 50 pound bike, ya know?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

BBB, could you please put those beautiful K10 forks on a scale and weigh them?
I would like to get a set myself, but they look awfully heavy and I really would like to know just how heavy. I don't want 25 pound forks on my 50 pound bike, ya know?
Shipping weight was 15 lbs, and if you dont mind that, grab a pair or two. Remember though that you will need a longer axle.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

shes got a 57 inch wheel base, 16 inch bottom bracket height, and sags down 1-1.5 inchs when i stand on the one pedal. has about 5 more inches of travel in back by bouncing on it.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND

i have a pair or those k-10 forks they are heavy but they ride real nice only problem with those forks is they are set up for 3/4 inch handle bars which means you will have to ream the clamps or make custom bars. they sell a set of k-10s for 7/8 inch bars also,but they are 20 bucks more.. bmi karts sells them if im not mistaken..

glenn

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Like I said earlier, I FINALLY got the suspension forks on the Hussy. After a little sanding and painting they went on smooth. Took it for a test ride, and with the forks and the Micargi seat it rides a lot softer. Was trying to let the rain let up for pics, but the best it got today is a drizzle. so I took the chance to snap one. I STILL need a better camera though.
fatdaddy.
P.S. I HATE whitewalls!!!!

Attachments

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico

test driving the beast cruiser with new clutch springs and crushed the new hub bearings to dust (this things is so damn powerful and fast haha) and had a long walk home with many people giving me compliments for the bike on the way :p

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

started working on getting things together to build a 2 stroke 24" bike. ordered a full kit to have a spare motor to source parts from.

basically, rebuilding my daemon motors engine from the ground up. everything still in good condition and it was probably the best motor i had. going to build this bike to be a high revving screamer.

torn between making it into a chopper bike look, or a crotch rocket look.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Got my new pedal crank and bottom bracket bearing set with cones. Will have to bend it to make it wide enough, but I'm not sure if I want to use this crank as it looks to be the same length as the old one. I also not sure how easy it will be to bend it even with heat to make it red hot. Can any of you give some idea of how hard they are to bend with heat applied?

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

started working on getting things together to build a 2 stroke 24" bike. ordered a full kit to have a spare motor to source parts from.

basically, rebuilding my daemon motors engine from the ground up. everything still in good condition and it was probably the best motor i had. going to build this bike to be a high revving screamer.

torn between making it into a chopper bike look, or a crotch rocket look.
Choppers are more comfortable on a long ride. Trust me, I'm OLD, I know.
fatdaddy.usflg
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Got my new pedal crank and bottom bracket bearing set with cones. Will have to bend it to make it wide enough, but I'm not sure if I want to use this crank as it looks to be the same length as the old one. I also not sure how easy it will be to bend it even with heat to make it red hot. Can any of you give some idea of how hard they are to bend with heat applied?
After it's red hot, You'll have to get it in a vice and slide a peice of pipe over the other end and apply some pressure to it. It WILL bend. Then, heat it up again and dip it in water or oil to reset the metal grain for strength. Then again, some say there's no need for this. I say it couldn't hurt.
fatdaddy.usflg
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

Well after many long suffering days of not riding,i finally got my bike back on the road. Homemade rag joint made from high density mudflap rubber from the kenworth dealership...and a brandy new chain and I put the 44toother on...i like the torque and easy hill climbing ability better than my 41toother...gotta say I'm a bit more relieved now that my mb is up and putting nicely...brnot