lovin it

GoldenMotor.com

Tim Mills

Oct 9, 2009
Mississippi
hello all my fellow MBers i have had my bike for about a week now and im lovin it. Just got my carb adjusted, ordered my ngk spark plug hope it makes a little difference its doing really well so far. I took my tank off tonight to clean it the stock filter was almost full of crud i just installed in line filter. I do have a question I seem to have a leak around my spark plug what can i do about this. any input would be great thanks

Tim Mills

Oct 9, 2009
Mississippi
Doc cant believe your up, cant believe im up lol anyways there is the little ring gasket and i have tried a different spark plug , same thing

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Seat may not be smoothe,or threaded off center,,observe the plug gasket for iregular shapes

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Are you sure it is tightened down and the head bolts are tight? I ask just because I have not run into a leaking plug before but did have a head bolt make one look like the plug was the culprit.

More asking here, but if it is the plug, anti seize? Is like a thread sealer but is to keep threads from bonding. They make special stuff for plugs, but I have never tried it. Some one will know and better advise you. I googled it and came up with some interesting reads. spark plug thread anti seize - Google Search As a way of help seal them)

Great to hear your enjoying your MB so much. These things are great.

Last edited:

Tim Mills

Oct 9, 2009
Mississippi
thanks for all the help guys im going to make sure the head bolts are tight and then see about the plug hopefully its no big deal

Tim Mills

Oct 9, 2009
Mississippi
Again thanks for all the help guys,check the head bolts this morning one was really loose right where the oil was coming from. Glad i got a place to go to for help you guys are great. Did i mention im having so much fun usflg