so heres my new bike turned rat! :)

GoldenMotor.com

motocafe

Jun 24, 2010
orange, ca AND downtown san diego
so i started with the micargi rover.. and bought a springer fork

then got my zoom bikes engine kit

then banana seat

but decided to switch back to my stock cuz my ass is too bony for the banana..

and this yamaha tank is sitting in my garage.. im kinda stumped on how to mount it..

Shot at 2010-07-05

Shot at 2010-07-05

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I wonder if that yello looking spray foam from Home Depo,Lowes,etc ,for insulating basement window and wall cracks would hold it in place:confused:

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
did u check out how i did mine i see u tank is differnet give me some shot of it on the bike and i will try to figure something out for u

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
also take ur old tank off and get me some shots of underneith and if u could give me some close ups of the brackets on the tank as well

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Gonna be very cool when done. How well does the chain tensinor work, being so close to the drive sprocket? Its a shame the banana seat did not work for you, looked cool. Keep the pics coming.

motocafe

Jun 24, 2010
orange, ca AND downtown san diego
yeah customz I was the one that asked about it on ur thread haha

Yeah there aren't any brackes or anything on the tank.. I'll get better pics up tonight.. I hope I can get the tank mounted I found something on this forum on these brackets I gotta find the link.. I'm no machinest so I can't do crazy metal work but I can weld

StonyCDizzle

Jul 5, 2009
Dayton OH
looks nice so far. i would look into some of that black foam pipe isulation just to pad your frame. how good are you with a welder? maybe weld some sort of flanges to the bottom of the tank and use a u-bolt to hold it in place

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Moto,
I'll try to explain a method but it might require pictures that I don't have. I used a Yamaha tank that originally mounted the same as yours. I welded two 3/8" nuts to the sides of the top bar that holds two short lengths of all thread rod. The front mounts of your tank can then be split or cut the lower 1/2 of them off making them semi-circular that will rest on the threaded rod. I used some 1/2" fuel tubing for grommets and secured it with 3/4" hose clamps. I welded a small tab to the rear of the tank and installed a riv-nut in the top tube and bolted the rear of the tank to it. It looks like it was meant to be there. Everything in front is hidden and the rear mount blends in with the top tube. Hope my explanation is clear.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
o wow 2door thanks so much! ill most likely mount my tank this way!

and the tank sit pretty solid? oh and also can i see more pics of that bike? haha im just curious
Moto,
Yes, the tank is solid with no shakes. I have about 400 miles on it before I tore it apart for paint and the tank is as secure as the first day. Here's the thread that shows the progress to date. http://motorbicycling.com/f15/my-second-jag-build-9379.html It will be back together by the weekend. I'll post finished photos then.
Tom