weed whacker bike... HELP WITH RIPCORD PROB

GoldenMotor.com

squeakmighty

Aug 14, 2009
gaithersburg MD
So... i made a weed whacker bike. finally done. YAY... anywayz i need some help with this ripcord
thing... its gone... in order to mound my Craftsman 32 cc weed whacker/ trimmer, i had to remove
it. i have too questions, one being how do i start it and two is my spindle too biG?

if the spindle is i prob let me know but i really just want help starting it

Thanks mucho a lot! :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
As to the drive you just have to do it and see how it runs.

To start set your choke and just pedal the bike it will try to start. When it does, stop the motor will die. Then reset the choke and ride again it should start and run. It will die when you stop but start again when you pedal it off.

You are not using the clutch so a pull start wont help unless you have a way to left the engine off the wheel. Lots of folks have devised lift systems for this things. Me included.

Still they will work just as pedal start and choke down stop. Have fun..

popcornsutton

Aug 9, 2009
NY
Drive spindles are usually always less than 2 inches in diameter so yes, yours is supersized. It will either be super slow or super fast, I forget which. Seems like the larger the spindle diameter, the faster the speed.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
tillers and chainsaws have the horizontal shafts that work best. Remember this knobby tires will break a driveshaft real quick sometimes

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i built a scooter , the stand on push with your feet kind , with a 32cc chainsaw motor , the thing boogied , my big mistake was taking the cowling off as you did . i burned up 2 motors . due to overheating . those little wacker engines need the cowling so the fan can keep the engine cool . mostly because the designs of them has a smaller cooling fin area to keep the engine size as small as possible . i took the cowling off because the engine looks way better with it off . my mistake