What Kit is this PLz look!

GoldenMotor.com

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
That is like the other motors you see on the adds to the left here on the forum. Most of the parts can be found from these dealers. Have a merry christmas

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Please, please don't call them happy times- HT sure, but the original "happy time" designation was a derrogitory remake and name put on them by someone who is no longer a motorized biker, but a shill for a certain company. The same person started a bunch of crap about how our China fire kits were illegal and blah blah blah.

BTW Your kit could be one of a dozen dealers/sellers. They have differing levels of components (I see that one has the really crappy tensioner wheel with no bearing) and the "original price" is no indication of who sold it. I have bought these kits from 169 plus shipping to just over 100 dollars shipped...

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
sorry about that bikeguy joe. HT is fine i had no idea about where it came from, happy time, just thought that is what they where being called. when people ask me when i am out riding i just tell them it is a bicycle engine kit from china. didnt mean to make anyones blood pump to hard.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pretty much looks like any other Chengine with a BS sticker. Looks like the crappytyme clutch lever so other parts might be cheesier as well. $225!!!!!
That's too much dough. Get an upgraded kit from one of the site sponsors. A real kit, with REAL support.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
Please, please don't call them happy times- HT sure, but the original "happy time" designation was a derrogitory remake and name put on them by someone who is no longer a motorized biker, but a shill for a certain company. The same person started a bunch of crap about how our China fire kits were illegal and blah blah blah.
joe- i LIKE the 'happy-time' reference, no matter who coined it. thats why i stole it.

also, did you notice, that the whole '2stroke-kits are illegal'-thing happened at the same time that person was made some kind of rep. for gebe?
raises an eyebrow, for sure.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Happy....happy time just bothers me a little. I can't tell people what to call them, and I should probably let it go.

I do know that it seems to have stuck, and I for one have called them everything but that. I think it's a little more personal with me.

I know what you mean about the dawg who coined the phrase, he became a rep for GEBE because they gave him all kinds of free stuff, before that he was a great proponent of the HT, because a different co. gave him free stuff. Can you say "shill"? Knew ya' could.

From now on I will live and let live, as SRDavo says. No more worrying about what people calls 'em.

Reactions: srdavo

slipdrive44

Dec 3, 2008
Tucson
That sticker is identical to the one on my RAW motor.

and yes, you got ripped off. you can get the engine from a site sponsor for as low as $139 shipped

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
thanks for the input guys i didn't realize it would incite such debate. i didn't pay 225 just for the motor it came with an upgraded carb a custom intake and a hi flow pipe for $225 spookytooth lists the carb for $60 alone but HT will work for me

Jun 25, 2008
P.S., the flying horse fandango co. is not a great source of info, more like feeding propoganda horse motor co.
You're more than likely right, however one thing i know, here in the UK, to register a bike it needs the manufacturers name, which jiangdu print, that engine however doesn't, may or may not be an issue in the USofA

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Here is a pic of the Flying Horse/ RAW engine by a representative of the factory, from another thread, that states this is what a "legal" EPA sticker looks like. I really didnt pay much attention to the sticker as I did the quality of the casting of the engine. The first thing I noticed was the misformed and bent fins, then the hole in the cylinder near the intake, from improper casting. I told the Rep. that if this was represenative of an EPA approved RAW engine, I would rather have an unapproved engine.

Attachments

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
ok i see the difference in the picture and your right the casting is very pour in this pic. my motor is much cleaner and all of the screws are flat heads not Phillips not that is should make any difference. Mainly i am wanting the info for my next build in spring. Which of coarse i will order from one of our sponsors but both people here and people in person ask what kind it is. i saw this same motor case split open and it has nice bearings inside and it is breaking in nicely until i noticed yesterday that the tire was riding on the bottom right side of the frame and actually wore thru the sidewall. So today i went off to the local bike shop and bought a 26x1.95 road tire to replace it so i should be back up and running tomorrow. Not to make people mad but it was been 80 here the last two days.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Here is a pic of the Flying Horse/ RAW engine by a representative of the factory, from another thread, that states this is what a "legal" EPA sticker looks like. I really didnt pay much attention to the sticker as I did the quality of the casting of the engine. The first thing I noticed was the misformed and bent fins, then the hole in the cylinder near the intake, from improper casting. I told the Rep. that if this was represenative of an EPA approved RAW engine, I would rather have an unapproved engine.
EPA sticker = a 486/66 computer and an old laser printer. laff

Jim