Sprocket Alignment + other issues.

GoldenMotor.com

Cr9ck

Sep 7, 2008
wow crazy! I hope my bike is ready soon I didn't get to go Saturday to fit it and I'm getting anxious. My current bike has a bent rear axle and like 2 inches of wobbling. Its stupid. Don't by no name brand wal-mart bikes.

Cr9ck

Sep 7, 2008
Oh yeah and jburr36 does the resistance you feel have to do with your clutch or something? I thought thats what the clutch was for so that you didn't feel resistance intil engaging it?

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
Oh yeah and jburr36 does the resistance you feel have to do with your clutch or something?
The resistance is with the clutch disingaged. With a 44 tooth gear driving a 10 tooth gear inside the motor compounds the resistance with that gear ratio.

Last edited:

FrankTate

Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte NC
I got the same junk sprockets from BGF. I sent an email and they told me... No charge for the extra holes. What a jerk! My engine also came missing the blue wire.

Cr9ck

Sep 7, 2008
Well finally got it aligned and the engine is running. Need to tune the air ratio or whatever. Will put up some picks soon. The sprocket already looks a bit misaligned hope it holds up (the wheel that is)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well finally got it aligned and the engine is running. Need to tune the air ratio or whatever. Will put up some picks soon. The sprocket already looks a bit misaligned hope it holds up (the wheel that is)

"Hoping it will hold up" is not going to do it.:crash:

Find the problem and then find a fix for it. It's not that difficult.

kenneth briggs

Oct 23, 2008
NEW ORLEANS LA.
and the rubber that go behind the sprocket and between the the spor
My friend is helping me put my bike together and he has it at his shop right now. Its 80-90% done but we've run into some hiccups. He took the thing to his work today and said that the sprocket is off by 3/8 of an inch or so. The sprocket is mounted with the donuts on both sides. He thinks that he will need to grind them down to get the sprocket into alignment.

Also the idler pulley needs to be modified. Who knew it would be so much hassle to get this thing up and running. Heck putting on the rear sprocket took about an hour without having to align it. Oh yeah and the sprocket had to be machined to the wheel hub to get it to fit. Well at least alignment is perfect in that sense.

Has anyone else had similar problems???

Thanks
you might try removing the donut on the outside of the spokes, there usually about 3/8" plus with the sprocket against the spokes it will bolt down true. you have already machined out the center hole, should make for any easy install.

Cr9ck

Sep 7, 2008
My friend used a floor mat to a car and glued it together for thickness. That seemed to work. I still need to align it up better.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
you might try removing the donut on the outside of the spokes, there usually about 3/8" plus with the sprocket against the spokes it will bolt down true. you have already machined out the center hole, should make for any easy install.

That would make the OP's condition worse, he's already out of alignment to the left. Removing the rubber would make it worse and is not recommended since it will eat the spokes sooner than later.