Recycle- Scrap Pile Build

GoldenMotor.com

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
Gonna Try to post some pics of my latest build...

This one started after I Recycled an old Mountain Bike for my Wife. I finished her paint-(Not the Best Job)- but good enough. Here's a shot of Wife's Ride, and then the one I built with some of the scrap parts I had lying in the Pile- Originally planned to drop a motor on it, but I'm enjoying riding with my Wife in the mornings... I'm thinkin we will just keep riding together, not bad habits to start, Recycling, and spending time with my Wife.....anyway's, here's the builds--Her bike was finished before mine, but It's raining now, and these are the shots I have.

-Richard.

Attachments

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
First bike is really nice and clean, just needs the cruiser bars swapped for a flat one..

Second bike looks kinda goofy with the 20" wheel on the front.

You should motorize the red one!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
i like the white bars ,what is that microphone thing on the top bar of the brown bike?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Nothing beats the comfort and sure handed handling of BMX bars the brown one. While they are not a nonchalant classic look they are more practical I say.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
As for the comfort of BMX bars,,I wanted shorter bars and use the cross bar closer to the hand grips ,and I must be hooking then up wrong,beacause I in the position I want,that lower V part keeps hitting stuff lol

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
The Bottlecap- hides a switch to turn the headlight on. -I'm on my second round of twelve hour shifts at work, not intending to be quiet, just tired.

Here's a better shot of it-

The Vintage voltage regulator box you see mounted above the light holds a AA 3pack of batteries, and the headlight is a LED light inside a reflective housing with a Ragu can lid on the back, mounted and painted in a Hammerd type finish with the rattle can- wires are twisted to keep 'em neat. Front tire is the only front tire I had in the Pile- hence the chop job on the frame....This bike is a lot of fun to ride. Probly wieghs 15lbs...Really just fun to build!

Attachments